Terminator v. Chunk of Wood (pics)

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
I'll gladly take any advice as to what may need to be replaced or checked - as you can see the intercooler pipes and pump need replaced.

IMGP0053.gif

IMGP0054-1.gif

IMGP0055-1.gif

IMGP0056-1.gif

IMGP0057.gif

IMGP0058-1.gif

IMGP0064.gif

IMGP0063.gif

IMGP0062.gif

IMGP0061.gif

Thankfully I have good insurance. BTW, I had my Predator in the car and my IAT2s went up to 214:uh oh: But the coolant temp never went above 200. I babied it home.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
gmynko said:
GOOD POINT! - I would have driven - at least briefly - with no air filter and couldv'e sucked up a stone into the intake.:eek:
true another reason i dont want a fenderwell kit on my car

& glad your car is not hurt any worse :thumbsup:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
make sure you go to a shop with a good paint matching system!! Don't try to use just a pre-made can of DSG from Ford!

mrose75

Established Member
Damn, WTF happened. I mean obviously you hit a chunk of wood, but how? See, this is why I am for deforestation of the planet. Tree are killing our Terminators!!!:poke: I hope you get her fixed up good as new. And it's a DSG....:nonono: :nonono:

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
That sucks man. I had nearly the same thing happen except with a blown out rig tire. New bumper cover, fog light, fog light bezel, the trim piece on the bottom, and paint.

I got everything from Steve at Tousley ford. Good luck

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heck. Buff the scratches out, bolt everything back up and call it a day. LOL! Seriously, that is a pretty big set of injuries to your Cobra. So how exactly did this happen? Was there a 2X4 laying in the road? How fast were you going when you hit it?

Be sure the estimator gets a good look at the damage. Unless he's partially blind you should be fine with the repairs. Could have been a lot worse. Post some after-repair pics if you can.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
gmynko said:
I'll gladly take any advice as to what may need to be replaced or checked - as you can see the intercooler pipes and pump need replaced.

Not that bad. front facia, heat exchanger plumbing + ?
BTW, the tubes are for the heat exchanger, Intercooler is under the hood.
Jeff

Last edited:

kennys2003

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I can't see the pic's from work, but it sounds like to me it looks like something broke on your supercharger and it needs to be replaced with a KB.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Better yet Kenny, the car is really totalled and is worthless. But not to worry. I'll gladly come on down and relieve him of that totally worthless Cobra. My favorite color, too! It will do just fine in my garage. LOL!

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Better yet Kenny, the car is really totalled and is worthless. But not to worry. I'll gladly come on down and relieve him of that totally worthless Cobra. My favorite color, too! It will do just fine in my garage. LOL!
Getting the itch again Bob?
:-D

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
What happened (I think): I was on I-15 behind an SRT-8 of all things which went over this piece of wood. That car caused the wood to lift or move and when I came by it clipped the front end. Beyond that, I'll let you guys be the accident reconstructionists. The end of the intercooler pump has a chunk of wood embedded in it.

Oh, I was going the speed limit.;-)

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. Shouldnt be a problem to get it all fixed up again. Good luck and glad it wasnt any worse then it is

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
It's obvious that you'll need a new front bumper cover. While you have the old one off, you might as well go ahead and install a twin-turbo setup...:-D

Rob04SVT

Established Member
I don't know if i'm the only one who thought this, but I think you may have discovered the easiest way to install a JLT CAI.
My god was that thing a PITA.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
YGOSLO said:
Damn, WTF happened. I mean obviously you hit a chunk of wood, but how? See, this is why I am for deforestation of the planet. Tree are killing our Terminators!!!:poke: I hope you get her fixed up good as new. And it's a DSG....:nonono: :nonono:

Agreed! Kill the trees! They will not take another of our own.

Jaimie

Users who are viewing this thread