2001 Mustang Saleen Speedster Pics

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
A member requested pictures of my car and I figured I would post them here as well!!! :banana::rockon::beer:

724s8w.jpg

x0z4lg.jpg

zwyjrc.jpg

30j7bkx.jpg

5a0xsj.jpg

2luqlqp.jpg

207rebq.jpg

2q0vyn5.jpg

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Of course!!! I ride with the speedster cover as much as possible!!! Tomorrow is a high of 70!!!

I guess you cant raise the top with it in place? I'm kind of considering getting a 94-98 vert and DEFF want to do the speedster cover. Also, i've seen one mustang with the speedster cover with two roll hoops instead of the single roll bar. Who makes those?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
look at that turd....

lol J/P I love saleens, they look so clean, especially the speedsters. One of the only mustang vert's id own

CFRacer22

Established Member
I love that car! only thing I don't like about saleens is the front bumper, I'd have to go with 99/01 or 03/04 bumper...and you need the hood!

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I guess you cant raise the top with it in place? I'm kind of considering getting a 94-98 vert and DEFF want to do the speedster cover. Also, i've seen one mustang with the speedster cover with two roll hoops instead of the single roll bar. Who makes those?

All I have seen are the 2 piece speedster covers and the one piece like mine. The problem I have heard with the two piece is the unsightly seam down the middle, but I suppose that's the sacrifice to have it in the trunk instead of the garage. If you are speaking of the light bar I have seen the tubular double humped bars that look like the old shelby cobras and they look pretty cool too.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I love that car! only thing I don't like about saleens is the front bumper, I'd have to go with 99/01 or 03/04 bumper...and you need the hood!

IMO the front bumper goes with the styling of the body kit and my future plans include a 2.8 Kenne Bell '03-'04 Cobra transplant which will force the Cobra R hood swap. :banana:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Thanks for getting these posted up! I love how the speedster cover looks on these cars, can't wait until I get one. Oh, and good luck with the terminator motor transplant. I was gonna do that myself but decided it was a little out of my price range, so Im doing a 5.1l stroker High compression with all of the bolt ons (including heads and cams) with a nice 150 shot to sweetin it up ;-)
and when I get bored of the 2v, I'll get all 4v components, get lower compression pistons and go supercharged :beer: This will be a never ending project for me

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Thanks for getting these posted up! I love how the speedster cover looks on these cars, can't wait until I get one. Oh, and good luck with the terminator motor transplant. I was gonna do that myself but decided it was a little out of my price range, so Im doing a 5.1l stroker High compression with all of the bolt ons (including heads and cams) with a nice 150 shot to sweetin it up ;-)
and when I get bored of the 2v, I'll get all 4v components, get lower compression pistons and go supercharged :beer: This will be a never ending project for me

I looked into doing a forged shortblock w/ centrifugal supercharger versus the Cobra swap and it is very comparable in overall cost. The Cobra driveline will run me about $6,500 and the installation, w/ any misc. pieces included by the installer, will be $4,000-$5,000. When this is complete and I can sell my engine and transmission that has only 25k miles on it leaving the total cost in the neighborhood of $8,000. Not too shabby for an engine/transmission with much greater potential!!! :rockon:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
I looked into doing a forged shortblock w/ centrifugal supercharger versus the Cobra swap and it is very comparable in overall cost. The Cobra driveline will run me about $6,500 and the installation, w/ any misc. pieces included by the installer, will be $4,000-$5,000. When this is complete and I can sell my engine and transmission that has only 25k miles on it leaving the total cost in the neighborhood of $8,000. Not too shabby for an engine/transmission with much greater potential!!! :rockon:

Wow everywhere I look the engine alone is like $6,500. Let me know if you know of anyone else selling the cobra drivetrain for cheap like that, hell I might go that route then if its gonna be around the same price as the other setup

Users who are viewing this thread