New wheels on project "Sniper"

NITMARE

Established Member
So I haven't posted up anything about my project car. It's a 94 Cobra that I am swapped a 98 Viper drivetrain into that I've dubbed "Sniper" (SN-95 + Viper)...Anyway since the car is a strict street car now I shed the Welds for some new wheels. They're 20x9, 20x11 Forgelines that I had made. I could not be happier and I am pumped to get the car running now just so I can drive it! I also have a set of Wilwood 6 piston brakes with 14" rotors on the way. The motor and trans are completely installed and the firewall has been re-fabricated and the cage is in the works. After that I begin fabbing up the twin T-76's :D........here's how she looks now. Keep in mind that the rears tuck in a little too far but they will be pushed out once the IRS and 3/4" Maximum Motorsports spacers are in;-)

before
sniper8gv3.jpg

after

1001447zp0.jpg

1001421em8.jpg

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys!

And trust me it doesn't really fit. It sits 8-9 inches inside the passenger compartment and we had to totally fabricate a K-member that sits 2 inches lower then stock, cutsom oil pan and MANY other one off parts. As soon as it's running I plan to post a very detailed build thread

NITMARE

Established Member
Thats an awesome project! Those wheels like sweet...but will you get any traction with those?

probably not much!lol...but they are strictly for street duty and I doubt there are any street tires out there that will help much with 1000 rwhp. I can always throw the Welds on when I wanna make some passes.:coolman:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
probably not much!lol...but they are strictly for street duty and I doubt there are any street tires out there that will help much with 1000 rwhp. I can always throw the Welds on when I wanna make some passes.:coolman:

not true, MT makes some nice ETs as well as BFG DR's and so does NITTO DRs

NITMARE

Established Member
those wheels are hideously too big, should of got them in 17"s
Last I checked the 90's came and went...if you woulda said 18's I would have even let it slide...but 17's?? Anyway, everyone has their own style. Some will love it and some will hate...lucky for me I like 'em

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Nitto DR are useless in 1st and 2nd in my lil coupe...I am sure they wont help with double the power. Very cool ride that is very different. I like the idea of people taking a chance in building something unique. Just wish I had the extra $$$ right now to do something along those lines.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
love the look of the wheel but i would have gone with a smaller size. SICK project though!!

Users who are viewing this thread