New wheels on project "Sniper"

NITMARE

Established Member
love the look of the wheel but i would have gone with a smaller size. SICK project though!!
Honestly if I were running a standard V8 I would have gone with 18's...the rest of the car is so over the top though that I thought they fit the "character" of the car better.

Thanks for the props though

Erick

Established Member
Last I checked the 90's came and went...if you woulda said 18's I would have even let it slide...but 17's?? Anyway, everyone has their own style. Some will love it and some will hate...lucky for me I like 'em
Agreed!
I feel that my 18's look a bit small lately. I want some 19" HRE's!!!
Stance=Fill up the wheel wells and sit the body right on top of the tires.

I bet the 20's help since the k-member has been dropped 2".

NITMARE

Established Member
Agreed!
I feel that my 18's look a bit small lately. I want some 19" HRE's!!!
Stance=Fill up the wheel wells and sit the body right on top of the tires.

I bet the 20's help since the k-member has been dropped 2".

I almost went with HRE's myself...545's are sick!

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The 20's helped me get the K-member a little more clearance also

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Judas Priest! That looks sweet. Interesting conversion. Not too many people stuff the Viper engine into a Ford.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
awsesome project!
those rims however, i know are expensive and to each his own, b ut they give me excessive vomiting

punisher2000

Established Member
very cool, im not really for the wheels either, but i have an idea, how about you keep the 20's in the rear, and get maybe 18's for the front, i think that would be amazing!

all in all though, very very cool, +1000000000 on being original

NITMARE

Established Member
Thanks guys...I am all for everyone having their own opinion. The story goes like this...I called up Forgeline and was ordering this model wheel in an 18. The sales guy then told me that they had a set of 20x9's already made for a Mustang that a customer backed out on...so they offered to sell me these and make the rears for a total of 400 less then a complete set of 18's...These things are still lighter then my 18" REAL Saleen wheels

Again, to each his own. I am just soooooo bored with Cobra R's, Saleens, Bullits, and FR500's on Mustangs. I set out to build a 100% original Mustang which may be the toughest task ever!

NITMARE

Established Member
but i have an idea, how about you keep the 20's in the rear, and get maybe 18's for the front, i think that would be amazing!
That's actually a REALLY good idea...but selling a set of custom fronts only would be next to impossible

forcefedcobra

Established Member
got nothing but the red x's............nevermind. Went back and tried it again and they loaded up. Damn that thing is shoe horned in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread