New wheels on project "Sniper"

NITMARE

Established Member

Cobra4Me

Established Member
shit...lol, thanks for the heads up;-)

No Problem Dude, keep up the good work !

I've done a couple of swaps myself.

03 Cobra into AC Cobra Replica:
DSC06356.JPG

Images of it finished:
http://www.cobra4me.com/SuperCobraDone/

and
03 GT into 87 LX: (everything, including interior.
1.jpg

build site here:
http://cobra4me.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=13

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Wow!!! That's a crazy swap. I really like the wheels, but I think a 19" would be killer. I too have a very hard time passing up a great deal, though.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. Love the motor swap. Did you need to mod the dash board? More pics please.

Those wheels gotts go though. 18s is the max. 20s look like a gangsta ride.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That's absolutely awesome. I remember reading about all of your other setups and your car has never been anything but phenominal.

I personally like the wheels. Put some big brakes behind them and they'll look fantastic.

What do the Viper guys think about this swap?

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
does that style wheel come in a 5 spoke? if so i think they would look even more sinister. nice project tho!

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Holy crap I can't believe it fits! Post a video! :-D

+1!!!! Why didn't anybody think of this engine swap before? That is just ****ing awesome! You have to keep us updated on the progress of that monster! The wheels couldn't look better!! Great work! :bowdown: :rockon: :pop:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Wheels look retarded....other than that...should sound like a 5 cylinder? Way to get rid of the V8 sound while adding weight at the same time! :thumbsup:

VEE EIGHT

Banned
Wheels look retarded....other than that...should sound like a 5 cylinder? Way to get rid of the V8 sound while adding weight at the same time! :thumbsup:

ROFL!

Someone is actually badmouthing swapping a 488ci. V10 for a 281ci. V8 because it "doesnt sound as good and adds a little weight" :lol::lol:

NITMARE

Established Member
Cobra4me- thanks man, I'm a HUGE motor swap fan. That's a sick Cobra you built! Very nice!:coolman:

MucleOwnzRice- quite the opposite man, I don't have a lot of money I am just investing a lot of what I do have into this project. I'm just a 26 year old living in an apartment building a car out of my parents garage.lol

BlK_03- Thanks bro! Don't worry about the haters...I take peoples opinions VERY lightly...you kinda have to when you go against the grain. ;-)

Badass98svt- The dash needed no mods whatsoever...however the entire heater core unit including the fan box etc. had to be relocated. Yet I retain heat and A/C...the build thread will show how I managed that.

Tabres- Thanks for the props, I think the brakes will give it a totally different look and really make the wheels look more at home. And yeah this car has been ALOT of combo's...from a stock long block 302 with a PT-67 turbo, to a 331, to a 03 Cobra longblock with a T-76...and now this. Umm, the Viper guys are not all that supportive.haha...they don't like seeing their precious motors put to use elsewhere.

85sTaNG- My wheels are model "SS3P"...there is a 5 spoke version called the "SP3P" which is a really nice looking wheel!

tristateZ28Lt1- Thanks man! I honestly don't know why the idea has come to anybody sooner but I can't find where it has been done anywhere. That is also why I have waited till now to post anything...didn't want the idea getting ripped off.lol...thanks for the props

Stopsign32v- The wheels look retarded...ok. It will actually sound exactly like a 10 cylinder...just so ya know. Yeah I base my builds around how the motors sounds...:rollseyes. And by the way the car has been scaled at my buddies chassis shop and weighs in at 3,426 and has 52% of the weight up front and 48% on the rear which is pretty d@mn good. Go weigh your 95 GT 6 Speed with "bolt ons" and let me know how heavy it is...but at least you'll have the "V8 sound" and blend in with every other Mustang. Neat dude

03AZRoush-Pics will be up when it's 100% complete. I know it sounds dumb but I don't wanna give away how I did some of the very key parts of this swap. I will have a very detailed build thread up when it's done though.

VEE EIGHT- I know man, tell me about it:??:

ford_racer- I'm actually with ya. I would never dream of putting 20's on an SN-95...but with the Viper motor and otherwise over the top characteristics of the car I think they work also.

Listen guys, I greatly appreciate all the feedback both good and bad. For the guys that dig it; it's nice to see that there are still open minded Mustang guys out there. For those that hate it; to each his own. I set out to build 100% original Mustang. I knew that would probably take pissing some people off but hey...everyone that ever did anything different had to be okay with not having everyones approval! I respect your opinions and good luck with your 302's with Twisted Wedge heads and Vortech S-Trims rocking your 17" Cobra R's:thumbsup:...the reality is that there will always be haters out there. For Christ's sake my buddies Lambo Gallardo gets hated on cause it's not a Murcielago...I brush it off and keep doin' what I do

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
I love it, i like people who think outside the box... Can i ask why you are going with an IRS? will that support 1000 hp?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap I can't believe it fits! Post a video! :-D

That was my instant reaction. I'm like, how can that V-10 possibily fit in the engine bay. :eek: This could be a monster ride when the project is completed.

Users who are viewing this thread