Goodyear Supercar G:2 tires cracking in cold weather...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I saw this on a Camaro forum but it absolutely applies to the PP tires...

GoodyearZL1tirebulletin.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Wow. I know softer rubbers turn to bricks in cold temps but even my BFG Drag radials handled below zero temps with ice and snow better than that.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Goodyear FTL, yet again. The only Goodyear tire I have owned that wasn't crap were the GS-D3. All the others, especially those chosen for OEM duties, were all junk.

What gives GY?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sounds like people who don't have a heated garage are screwed. I'd be sending Ford a bill to replace those.

Last edited:

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
That's why I'm running michelin pilot sport AS II's.... The G2's are in the garage- not directly heated, but the house keeps it around 50 degrees even it's 29 outside.

edit- added pics:

DSC_0538.gif

DSC_0544.gif

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I think I saw something about Obama and the liberals in congress effecting the rubber composition that goes into these. That's right Obama sucks!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Tob do you have a link to this forum? thanks

Here ya go George...

[ame=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187045]Attention ZL1 owners-to-be! Cold-Weather Bulletin on Eagle F1 G:2 tires - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com[/ame]

Explosive

Established Member
Don't worry they're not the only ones, I had to take my drag radials off, as nitto has a pdf file warning of the same thing.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, that's absolutely unbelievable! did they not do any cold weather testing or did they just not care? just because the tire is intended to be used in 40*+ temperatures doesn't mean that it doesn't have to survive below those temps.

bull3441

Established Member
I think I saw something about Obama and the liberals in congress effecting the rubber composition that goes into these. That's right Obama sucks!
Obama has nothing to do with this. he authorized RESEARCH on the use of cellulose fiber used in rubber compounds for tires. cellulose fiber is already used in rubber products and is just as strong and durable as silica. GO LSU!!!!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Goodyear contract dealers and Goodyear company owned stores don't normally receive copies of Ford owners manuals, which is who the bulletin was sent to.

Users who are viewing this thread