CCW Classics or SP500?

RS22

Established Member
My second car (05 honda civic) is almost sold and I'll be coming into some money in the near future. I want to know what your guys suggestion would be out of these 2 wheels. I'll be going for 18x9 or 9.5 and 18x11s on these wheels. I'm really torn between the 2 as they both look beautiful on a terminator. Which one should I get? If you chose other, post what kind you would suggest in an 18" wheel. I also love BBS RK Plasmas but they are no longer in production so I didn't include them in the poll.

Wow I put 2 choices in the poll and went back to change it to 3 to include "other" and now there's no poll all together. Awesome.

SP500
IMG_2756-1-11.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

Classics
ccw2.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
lol

how about some pics ??

as I recall the SP500's were the ones on my wish list. Replica Saleens were a bit cheaper though :)

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
They are both beautiful wheels, can't go wrong with either!

If you were to get the classics I assume you'd go with all polished?

I'm gonna say get the SP500's because I think they'd really suit a SB cobra and they are less common than the classics.

RS22

Established Member
They are both beautiful wheels, can't go wrong with either!

If you were to get the classics I assume you'd go with all polished?

I'm gonna say get the SP500's because I think they'd really suit a SB cobra and they are less common than the classics.

Ya the SP500s are drop dead sexy on sonic blue. I love the way baginoman's car looks w/ them on.

lol

how about some pics ??

as I recall the SP500's were the ones on my wish list. Replica Saleens were a bit cheaper though :)

The saleens were my original direction but they are heavy and I wasn't planning on having the extra cash on hand when I got them. They are still a possibility.

SpectorV

Established Member
I thought about the sp500s (i like the open look and they are MUCh easier to clean than the ccw classics MUCH)

also consider TF mach 5's they differ from the sp500s in the flatter and deeper lip, more customizable fitment per your car, 10 wide vs 11 wide (if you like that but you can get 11 wide in tf's as well) just something to think about, if you want pics of them on my car let me know I have plenty. The Con's would be its a two piece wheel so you see the flat area in the middle piece.

and just a side note on a DD polished wheels are a NIGHTMARE go chrome if thats the case

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
id say the SP500s myself. im sure they'd be 10000x easier to keep clean too :read:

RS22

Established Member
I thought about the sp500s (i like the open look and they are MUCh easier to clean than the ccw classics MUCH)

also consider TF mach 5's they differ from the sp500s in the flatter and deeper lip, more customizable fitment per your car, 10 wide vs 11 wide (if you like that but you can get 11 wide in tf's as well) just something to think about, if you want pics of them on my car let me know I have plenty. The Con's would be its a two piece wheel so you see the flat area in the middle piece.

and just a side note on a DD polished wheels are a NIGHTMARE go chrome if thats the case

Do you know off hand if the SP500s are offered in chrome? I'd like to go chrome rather than polished as well. And you make an excellent point about keeping the wheels clean.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Do you know off hand if the SP500s are offered in chrome? I'd like to go chrome rather than polished as well. And you make an excellent point about keeping the wheels clean.

no, they are not :-D

we do chrome, but only in 3 piece. :thumbsup:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
id say the SP500s myself. im sure they'd be 10000x easier to keep clean too :read:

speaks the truth...classics are a beast to keep clean....but look so good

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Go with the SP 500's or go with True Forged wheels from Steve on this site...

I had CCW Classics on my 04 Cobra....and they were a BITCH to keep clean...Hours of cleaning doesnt even describe the time to get them perfect...and when I was finished....they still wernt 100% perfect on the inside of the spokes.... and I dont even drive my car to much......My car never saw rain or bad weather and they were still a pain...

Users who are viewing this thread