Stangaholic's 2.8 Kenne Bell + More Build Thread!!! (Lots of Pics)

stangaholic280

Established Member
Well gentlemen, the day has FINALLY arrived...after so many issues just getting a blower to my house, the 2.8H KB Mammoth has arrived!! Some of you may remember that I said I was going order a 2.8LC...and I did, but KB accidentally shipped me just the 2.8H. I talked to them about shipping it back and after discussing what kind of setup I would be running I decided the extra time and $300 would not be worth the trouble at this point.

So I decided to just proceed with my build. I have spent over 10k on this build and here is what all is going to be included in this thread:

1. 2.8H KB Mammoth Kit
2. McLeod RXT Twin Disk Clutch
3. 26 Spline Input + Lethal TOB Sleeve
4. Steeda Quadrant/Fiore Firewall Adjuster
5. Lethal Return Style Fuel System/80#ers
6. Borla Stingers
7. PA Performance Alternator
8. UPR Crome-moly K-member and coilovers
9. E-85
10. Killer Chiller
11. Random small stuff

Enough Chat, lets show you how Day 1 went!!

Step 1: Clean out work area!
dsc0711b.jpg

dsc0713i.jpg

Here is the star of the show in all her glory!!!
cimg0376i.jpg

cimg0375a.jpg

Can't wait to suck up small animals with this.
cimg0373.jpg

Borla Stingers arrived too!!!
dsc0736s.jpg

A free hat....that $10k was SOOO worth it!!
dsc0744i.jpg

4 Hours later, had these things polished and ready to go with the help of my wife!!
dsc0758z.jpg

dsc0756x.jpg

Lets start with the KB install!!

Old school Posi Eaton setup...500 RWHP, not nearly enough!
cimg0360y.jpg

30 Minutes of fighting with the wiring harness...
cimg0365e.jpg

Wife is doing all the work...
cimg0362.jpg

Good old eaton comes loose!
cimg0366.jpg

Out with the old...
cimg0371m.jpg

cimg0372c.jpg

In with the new!! Ok well...just a new EGR valve so far lol...
cimg0370.jpg

The battlefield...
cimg0374e.jpg

Well, Day 1 was a huge success!! Got the entire eaton setup pulled and broke into a few new parts all in about 4 hours. Made it to step 120 on the KB instructions...only about 400 more to go lol!!! :lol1:

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!! :beer:

Last edited:

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
Congrats! Seeing the pics makes me wish more and more I'd have had the free time to do mine myself. Good luck with it!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
hell yeah...kick ass man.

glad you finally got the setup you were after!

thats cool you are doing the work yourself....that will save you a little money, and you know the work will get done RIGHT.

keep us posted/updated!

i'll be over here jealous, while you are at it.

=]~

:beer:

stangaholic280

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm really pumped about it!! Will get too work...right after work lol! :dw:

Sweet man! What are you doing with that eaton now?

I am going to be selling all the parts from my old setup, intake, exhaust, eaton, dragon TB, etc. Thread will be up in the market when I get time.

SVT GI

Established Member
Great progress! Cant wait to see the results with the E85.

BTW, what fuel rails did you go with for the return system? You may have some moddifications to do to them so they will fit the Mammoth's base plate.

Spoolx

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm really pumped about it!! Will get too work...right after work lol! :dw:

I am going to be selling all the parts from my old setup, intake, exhaust, eaton, dragon TB, etc. Thread will be up in the market when I get time.

I am interested in the Eaton, keep me posted

stangaholic280

Established Member
Great progress! Cant wait to see the results with the E85.

BTW, what fuel rails did you go with for the return system? You may have some moddifications to do to them so they will fit the Mammoth's base plate.

I am going to be using Fore fuel rails. I can't wait to see the E85 results either, I'm hoping for 750ish give or take.

I am interested in the Eaton, keep me posted

Sure thing, as soon as I figure out what I'd like to sell it for I'll let you know. Or if your anxious, feel free to make an offer. I can send details and pics if you PM me.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member

I am going to be using Fore fuel rails. I can't wait to see the E85 results either, I'm hoping for 750ish give or take.

Talked to shop building mine today and the last thing there having to do is modify my rails due to how the mammoth sits. And best of luck on your hp goal. Everyone says they'll make excellent power if your not scared to spin it on up!

**edit** -- mine are the fore rails as well. mammoth is actually designed for use with stock rails :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread