Stangaholic's 2.8 Kenne Bell + More Build Thread!!! (Lots of Pics)

BOLT330

Established Member
That's quite the build you have going on...can't wait to see the end results! I've been thinking of going E85 myself. Congrats ans keep up the great work!

-b.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Day 4 Update!

Well last night was crazy. Wife and I actually started doing something that looked like a supercharger build! It was also the scariest night so far. Cutting was very nerve wrecking and honestly while I was doing it I thought it looked like crap. The final product turned out pretty nice though and I was very happy with it.

We are about to step 400. I'm hoping to get to 500 or more tonight. Also hoping some parts come...comon Lethal!!! :lol1:

First few steps were boring, just connecting the new throttle cable and couple vacuum tubes. :sleeping:
forum7c.jpg

forum6y.jpg

Things quickly got exciting though when we got to the cutting steps.

Had to remove the wheel, shield, and washer fluid container.
forum10s.jpg

forum11f.jpg

Cut out and tape the $5000 stencil! :lol1:
forum13.jpg

forum14.jpg

And cut away!! :cryying::xpl:
forum15.jpg

forum16q.jpg

Metal was double layered down at the bottom...got real tough real quick lol!
forum17.jpg

Maybe a different tool will help!!! :idea:
forum19.jpg

Maybe not.... :bash:
forum1ry.jpg

Finally got it just right!!
forum20j.jpg

forum5u.jpg

forum4j.jpg

Then on to piecing the blower together....getting so close I can...hear it!! :burnout:
forum9m.jpg

forum8w.jpg

Well that's all for Day 4! Having to get up for work really cuts into the time...no more working til sunrise until next weekend. I'm hoping I can still get it done this week though!

Hope you guys are enjoying the thread! :beer:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
So, the wife let's you spend 10 grand on the car and she helps! Dude, if you ever get divorced, send her up to St. Louis. LOL!... just kid'n!

good luck with the install!

stangaholic280

Established Member
So, the wife let's you spend 10 grand on the car and she helps! Dude, if you ever get divorced, send her up to St. Louis. LOL!... just kid'n!

good luck with the install!

Hehe yeah she's pretty great. I'll try to get some more pics of her up workin on the car. But sorry man I'm holdin on to this one as long as I can! :pepper:

what kinda of power are you lookin for

I'm hoping for 650 on 93 (18lbs) and 750 on E85 (21-23lbs haven't decided yet)

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
looks awesome man!!! just wondering why they switch the intake tube to the other side?? just seems like its more of a hassle?? I never looked into it sorry for the noob question

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
looks awesome man!!! just wondering why they switch the intake tube to the other side?? just seems like its more of a hassle?? I never looked into it sorry for the noob question

i ask the same question when i called kb the other day and they see its less heat on that side

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
Why does the ‘03-’04 Cobra Mammoth™pull air from the left instead of the OEM right side?
It was not possible to achieve our air flow criteria on the right side. We had no choice.
1. The intercooler pump limited our filter size, shape and location.
2. The right fenderwell cavity is smaller and is sealed off from moisture - and air. We’ve seen a filter lose 40HP when placed in the sealed cavity. At 600HP, the fender begins to “suck in.”
3. A 4-1/2” ram tube was required for sufficient air flow. It wouldn’t fit on the right side. The 4-1/2” flows 33% more air than a 4”.

taken from -- Mammoth Supercharger

gabe1530

Banned
i think you should have ported the lower intake manifold while you had it out. otherwise your doing great. you got a keeper there, i wish my wife would let me spend that much on my cobra.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Well guys, sad to report no work was accomplished tonight. One of the O-rings for the supercharge manifold was misplaced. None of the local auto parts stores had one in stock. Gonna search more tomorrow and hopefully start to wrap this up.

Users who are viewing this thread