Few 00' Cobra R seats questions??

greengt88

Established Member
Does anyone know what model Recaro seats are in the Cobra R? I'd like to replace my heavy factory ones in my 04'. Really like to get ahold of some factory R seats. But I'm not opposed to other options or brands of seat. Also, are 00' seats suede? I want to keep the suede. Also do I need a fixed back seat for road racing? Not sure if that will be tolerable for daily use or not. I guess I don't mess with the seat much. Looking for opinions. Thanks

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The seats that came in the '00 R were cloth Recaro Sports that had the "R" logo embroidered on them. Nothing special. They are no longer available as they carried a large price tag and the demand for them was low.

I personally like them but not for $2599.

greengt88

Established Member
Was looking at Cobra Misano, but I don't want to spend an ass load on seats and then not be legal. I'm not afraid to spend on the seats, I have a buyer for my black stock ones. I'll have to look at seats again, maybe sparco, recaro or cobra....no corbeaus had 3 sets of them already, kinda chinsy and not that comfortable. Looking for something as comfortable or more so than the stockers.

Jroc

Established Member
Recaro Sports are the shit. Somebody wanted to trade me some leather ones for my stockers, but as talk proceded they got more and more hesitant, and started wanting my stocks+ more and more money until the point that I said no thanks. They also came factory in EVO's.(not sure if they still do in the EVO X's or not)

I recommend some COBRA Daytona's.
Cobra Daytona Seats at Sube Sports - The Racing Equipment Source

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
Recaro Sports are very nice. I had them in my old '00 GT before getting my Cobra. Installed them into the Cobra after driving the car home from the dealership. The factory Cobra seats are nice, but IMO they don't compare to Recaros.

seats.jpg

Last I checked, non-stitched R Sports were ~$1800 a pair.

greengt88

Established Member
Awesome pics, are helpful. I am 6'3 so leg room is a concern, I need something that doesntb have high bolsters. Hated corbeau gts 2's in my fox. Probably recaro is what I'll go with. Any black suede options? Rears gotta stay cause of upcoming child seat. Excited!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Those Recaro Sports look almost identical to my R's seats. And, the going price for genuine R seats is ludicrous. I'm glad my R has them, as they are kickass. But, no way they should be so damn expensive! LOL

jsloyf.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread