(Clones and Fobras are..)Annoying

kachup

Established Member
i dont know if you guys get upset or bothered to see a gt mustang with cobra body kit (cobra's bumper,hood,rims,extc.) trying to make it look like a terminator cobra..or a gt with cobra badges :shrug: not trying to offend no one and i know not everyone could own one but if you have a gt keep it as a gt and be proud of what you have....down here in south florida their are to many wannabe cobra...im tired of seeing them :nonono:

just check this out..

2003 Mustang cobra fishy car

Last edited:

stal94gt

Established Member
Honesty I would not know that is not a cobra. It was built with a donor car/cars and done very well. To me its up to the owner what they put on a car since its not mine.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
i dont know if you guys get upset or bothered to see a gt mustang with cobra body kit (cobra's bumper,hood,rims,extc.) trying to make it look like a terminator cobra..or a gt with cobra badges :shrug: not trying to offend no one and i know not everyone could own one but if you have a gt keep it as a gt and be proud of what you have....down here in south florida their are to many wannabe cobra...im tired of seeing them :nonono:

just check this out..

2003 Mustang cobra fishy car

There is NOTHING wrong with someone who drives a GT wanting the supurb body panels of the Terminator. IE, on my car, I've borrowed more than a few cobra qualities that I really liked. However, I do not sport Cobra badges because I do not drive a bullitt. The closest I have to a cobra badge is my 'cobra-jet' logo on my shaker, which is derived from the 69-70 Mach 1's.

selbyvince

Established Member
i have to give it to him, he did a damn good job on the conversion.. i mean he has everything converted over.. dont seem like a bad price either.. to each his own imo

Jsko

Established Member
The only thing that stood out, was the interior door handles being the original interior color. Other that that it is very well done from a donor car.

Satyr

Established Member
Awesome looking car. Nothing wrong with it from my perspective. For all intents and purposes, it is a terminator, only the VIN says otherwise.

Looks like the work was well done and I would have no problem buying that car.

EDIT: OP, remember...at the end of the day, we all have mustangs.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Well I guess if someone wants to waste money on the conversion instead of getting a real one, more power to 'em. I guess the only way I could justify doing this is if the car was completely paid off and was cheaper to throw all the Cobra stuff in it instead of getting a new one. After all, when the dmv and insurance companies run the vin, registration and insurance will be a lot cheaper when it pops up as just a GT...

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
You know I have never thought of that before. You make some interesting points. I will no longer assume that every mustang with a snake on the side is a cobra.

cobracide

Established Member
Imitation is the best form of flattery.. and the seller is upfront about it being a Fobra. It's the guys passing a Fobra off as a Cobra that should bug you.

testorossa1989

Established Member
yeah i was pretty upset when i bought mine and saw AM selling the trunk lip spoilers and hood/bumper. I mean it sucks but they will never be the real deal. The 4V sound, the S/C, the VIN # who says what you are or certificate, also the IRS. Most of all i noticed they dont have the rear BUMPER (COBRA) or the front hood. They only have the 03-04 influenced hood. But if you really love cobras or think they look good.. you can spot a fake termi from a real one from a mile away. Tons of my friends say they see cobra and tell me their fake. Even the girls know what they look like. So dont worry about it man.. theres always going to be people who wanna be knockoffs. That and the fact that when you hit boost people know, they just do. I see alot of GT's that use the the celvani or w.e body kit. Take the bodykit let us keep the name. It makes me angry too but people will talk when your the real deal so dont worry. and shame on you AM!!! Love you guys but hate u selling our parts :(

This is just me here.. I HATE THE WORD CLONE!!!! Your not a GT500 CLONE, COBRA CLONE, SALEEN CLONE.. your not a clone your not a Starwars episode 2 clone trooper.. STOP CALLING YOURSELF THAT.. your a knock off! I hate more that people showoff in carshows. Dont drop our names like that. If you must, use the word ... cobra/gt500 "Influenced" but your not a clone.. your a cheap version of a K.I.T car replica.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread