04 Swap done

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Just wanted to thank everyone on SVTP for the help & tips.
Started it up this morning first try! Here are a couple short vids.

th_IMG_3389_zpsvbh9t2gw.jpg

VIDEO0007.mp4 video by pacgreensvt - Photobucket

VIDEO0008.mp4 video by pacgreensvt - Photobucket

Mods are-stock 04 block Whipple 2.3 2.75 pulley, c4 auto,410gears,
Glens 1000hp sleeper system, 60lb injectors,CPR rails, JLT highboost cold air intake,single blade TB.
And the red monsters Plug and Play C.O.P Conversion Harness!!
thanks for looking
Dave

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Awesome Dave. Ill be putitng my motor together this week after a few setbacks. Ive also been swapping up a few things on my build :)

crazycarlo

Established Member
Just for my info what size hood did you need to clear that? Ive thought about switching over to the Eaton 122 (GT500)

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
That's awesome! Could some of you brave men maybe write some kind of how-to, or tell a little story about how it went and what you encountered?

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
Mine has been done for a few months there really arn't too many issues its pretty much a straight forward swap but i had an entire totalled 03 car and swapped everything! Congrats on finishing your project let us know some HP numbers. I've got a steggy on top right now but i have a KB 2.6L sitting in my bedroom!

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I didnt get to the hood thing yet lol. The swap is pretty easy,I used my stock ECU & extended some wires. The check engine light was only on because I forgot to clamp down the neg cable from the engine to the body. The hard part was finding the time to get out in the garage.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Which wires did you extend? The alt? IAT? and anyhting else?
I heard you have to put the connector for the 03 alt on the alt wire. Also I still need to purchase my IC pump pigtail. And Im getting ready to but the P/S line I need :)

72 Fastback- I loved that car. Its one of the main reason I decided to pull the trigger on doing the swap.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I had to extend the IAC wires because its on the other side of the engine now. Then I changed out the alt connector. I extended my IAT wires & moved it to the front of the lower intake. The cam & crank sensors are in the same spot on the 04 engine and use the same connectors. If you creep through my photobucket you can see a lot of the build/swap pics.

IMAG0239.jpg

Last edited:

White96svt

Established Member
Car sounds great man!! I'll shoot you my cell number in a PM. We have to get up this year at woodward. I moved from RO to Rochester last year and am stilling finishing my car. My buddy (b00stin) should have his turbo setup tuned soon so this will be a fun year!!! Congrats man.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Thanks!!!

Rochesters nice. I had a deal going on a house in Roch BUT I couldnt sell my place here in Royal oak, Oh well this way Im only a mile from Woodward. I still need to get a hold of Lideo for a tune & tie up some little things before I hit woodward.

White96svt

Established Member
Yeah I love it in Rochester. Royal oak was great because it's so close to woodward but my wife and I wanted a newer house. Yeah I'm still a bit out from finishing mine as well. Started it before winter and have just been too lazy. Taking off work tom to get some shit done though. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread