1998 4v Cobra swapped into 2000 GT Body!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
cobraengine.jpg

IMG00014-20090718-1144.jpg

I finished the swap about a year ago, running cobra valve covers and stock 96-98 fuel rails modified for non return style.

Stephen4036

Established Member
what did you have to do to your fuel rail to make it work with the returnless style?

block off plate and FPR adapter? i sent you a pm earlier.

Stephen4036

Established Member
I dont think thats going to work, will the fuel feed line clear the throttlebody/cai for the cobra motor?

Stephen4036

Established Member
Well the easy part is over. Now on to the interesting stuff! :beer:

really isnt too bad, just extend cops and swap polarity, swap alternator connectors and pull out the middle wire, extend coolant temp, extend IAC, cobra throttle cable, cut a hole in the hood, and use the stock fuel rail and block off the one plate and the GT FPS actually fits on the 98 cobra mechanical fpr..

Loki-sc

process of acceleration
Established Member
yeah man thanks for all your help!

i will be doing your fuel rail when i get the time but to get it running im gonna do the 98 rail solution..

Anytime, and BTW if you get a "ALT" light is because you switched the wires. You'll pop the fuse, make sure you go green to green and yellow to yellow and like you said earlier pull that middle wire.

Stephen4036

Established Member
Anytime, and BTW if you get a "ALT" light is because you switched the wires. You'll pop the fuse, make sure you go green to green and yellow to yellow and like you said earlier pull that middle wire.

gotcha!

thanks for all the help guys, 3 or 4 of you have been very helpful with the little shit i gotta do!

Users who are viewing this thread