2000 cobra r bassani exhaust

Rare R

Established Member
I was wondering if there were any photo / print advertisements for the bassani exhaust for the 2000 Cobra R .

Last edited:

Rare R

Established Member
How many 2000 cobra R Bassini after market complete exhaust were made?
I have the bassani on my car and the stock exhaust is stored away.
I love the way the exhaust sounds on my car.
Thanks

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have no idea, but I do know they are hard to find. It took me a couple years to find one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As your name suggests (LOL), that particular exhaust system is really rare and hard to find. At this point, finding a decent one would be really difficult. Shame, because it's a good system. You're fortunate to have it.

One thing that I didn't know (just read it today) is that the X-pipe was developed by Bassani and the side exhaust kit was developed by Borla. This link over on LMR is an interesting read. https://lmr.com/products/2000-Cobra-R

Rare R

Established Member
One of the rumors I have heard was that both companies were Commission to create exhaust for the 2000 Cobra R and that Ford picked parts from each exhaust to create the stock exhaust. Have no knowledge if this is actually true it's just something I have been told. But this could be the reason why the 2000 R has a Bassani X pipe and Borla mufflers/exhaust tips. Curious to anybody else's thoughts about Ford commissioning both companies or to why Ford mix and match exhaust parts.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
One of the rumors I have heard was that both companies were Commission to create exhaust for the 2000 Cobra R and that Ford picked parts from each exhaust to create the stock exhaust. Have no knowledge if this is actually true it's just something I have been told. But this could be the reason why the 2000 R has a Bassani X pipe and Borla mufflers/exhaust tips. Curious to anybody else's thoughts about Ford commissioning both companies or to why Ford mix and match exhaust parts.

Interesting. Did not know that.

By-the-way, your screen name sounds familiar to me. My plate:

d8c24dc53d45b66286f88bd12487d5d5_zpsjkcybdxe.jpg

Rare R

Established Member
Interesting. Did not know that.

By-the-way, your screen name sounds familiar to me. My plate:

d8c24dc53d45b66286f88bd12487d5d5_zpsjkcybdxe.jpg
It is kind of crazy because you live in Texas and so do I and that was the plate I was going to get before I decided not to get a vanity plate.
Great plate.

Rare R

Established Member
I emailed back and forth with a gentleman with Bassini looking for a set of exhaust tips that they produce for the 2000 Cobra R, had no luck in locating a pair. He did tell me after talking to the owner that they made less than a 100 sets of that exhaust and they don't have the jigs to make any more.

Users who are viewing this thread