2000 R front brakes

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I did see that. I’d prefer to buy my own rotors tho and hoping to find someone selling the calipers for a little less. Missed a couple of sales in the marketplace here, so I’m keeping an eye open.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Side discussion... what is with the “94 Cobra R” screen name... prototype?

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Side discussion... what is with the “94 Cobra R” screen name... prototype?

My last Mustang that I owned before I took a Mustang hiatus, was a 94 Cobra owned by Craig Barker who was the head programmer for Roush and SVT. He owned the Cobra and was bored with it, so he had his "team" from Roush install the last 95 R drivetrain and suspension into the car. He also put the prototype ECU that he kept at his desk into the car. So it was a fully loaded 94 Cobra, red with black leather, A/C, Mach 460, etc etc, with a Cobra R Drivetrain and Suspension and some other prototype stuff on it, such as one of 7 or 8 hoods made for the R that had different heights. I owned the car, did some things with it, got it in a magazine, then put it back to how I bought it and sold it (my only car selling regret) because I was so bored with it. The car is now located in Texas after spending a coupe of years with an owner in New Hampshire. The owner in Texas had no idea what the car was when he bought it then I made contact with him. Luckily, it's in good hands. The guy that bought it from me and took it North sold some of the parts off of it and it broke my heart. Some people think it was one of the prototypes that was supposedly destroyed but I'm pretty sure it was just put together with some rare parts by Craig. The guy that owns it is named Alan Peters.

Attachments

• 94CobraR.pdf
    290.9 KB · Views: 113

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Curious if anyone has a pair of front Brembo calipers for sale or knows of a source for them?

You can still buy them new from Ford outside the US, but they are silver per the Focus RS, same as the old M-2300-B kit. If you want a new set, your best bet is to buy the current FR kit and just sell off the rotors.

Lots of info with part numbers:

Brakes & Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread