2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results

Sultan AQ

Established Member
I tuned my car yesterday I was disappointed with the numbers, the base line number are 550rwhp, 524tq. after installing jlt 148mm and off rode xpipe It made 610rwhp, 636tq. the air temp was 39c. I also have 3.55 gears and 305/35/r20 drag radials.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I tuned my car yesterday I was disappointed with the numbers, the base line number are 550rwhp, 524tq. after installing jlt 148mm and off rode xpipe It made 610rwhp, 636tq. the air temp was 39c. I also have 3.55 gears and 305/35/r20 drag radials.
Mustang or Dynojet Dyno?

It goes without saying 39' C (102' F) is HOT - the kind of hot that robs cars of power. What were your engine temp and IAT2 just prior to the pull?

Sultan AQ

Established Member
It was mustang dyno, i didn't remember the temp of the engine or the IAT2 but it was hot because I take the car for long drive to the dyno.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
It was mustang dyno, i didn't remember the temp of the engine or the IAT2 but it was hot because I take the car for long drive to the dyno.
Don't be too disappointed in your car. Mustang dynos are notoriously stingy, your engine was hot, and the ambient temp was terrible.

You'd see much better numbers on a Dynojet, with a cooled-down car, and lower ambient temps. I'm no expert, but I'd bet those things lowered your numbers by ~10%.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Last season my car pulled 683 being tuned on a Dynonometer. This year I did a test pull on a Mustang Dyno and it pulled 622. Both days were relatively cool at around 75 degrees ( compared to peak summer) and both pulls were on a cooled motor.
The car has been running great all year so the math can be said to be approx 10% rwhp diff on the #'s.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
Added long tube headers yesterday. Previous numbers were 674.43 hp / 684.23 tq. After header install 707.93 hp / 743.03 tq.

Chart:
Dyno_6-29-16.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Last season my car pulled 683 being tuned on a Dynonometer. This year I did a test pull on a Mustang Dyno and it pulled 622. Both days were relatively cool at around 75 degrees ( compared to peak summer) and both pulls were on a cooled motor. The car has been running great all year so the math can be said to be approx 10% rwhp diff on the #'s.
Great info. Thanks!

Added long tube headers yesterday. Previous numbers were 674.43 hp / 684.23 tq. After header install 707.93 hp / 743.03 tq.
Great numbers! Thank you, too.

blue 07

Established Member
What a great thread !! Very interesting to see the difference in some of the pulls. I just received my new mods but have not had them installed yet. In the mail yesterday ... JLT Big Air intake (painted impact blue to match), VMP 2.4 pulley, 90 mm idler pulley. Will match up with a SCT x4 tuner and have it dyno tuned up here in NH. Cant wait to see results . I'm hearing a 80 to 100 hp increase ?! Bring on the Z06's and Hellcats ! Will post up results when they happen. Sent some parts to be airbrushed and will post those as well when finished.

Fox&Cobra

Established Member
2.4 pulley, 93 octane (which around here in TN is normal high octane), long tube headers, no cats, offroad x pipe, stock mufflers, resonator delete, jlt cold air intake, custom tune, 4.10 gears, mcleod twin disc clutch.2013 gt500 hp 3.PNG

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
What a great thread !! Very interesting to see the difference in some of the pulls. I just received my new mods but have not had them installed yet. In the mail yesterday ... JLT Big Air intake (painted impact blue to match), VMP 2.4 pulley, 90 mm idler pulley. Will match up with a SCT x4 tuner and have it dyno tuned up here in NH. Cant wait to see results . I'm hearing a 80 to 100 hp increase ?! Bring on the Z06's and Hellcats ! Will post up results when they happen. Sent some parts to be airbrushed and will post those as well when finished.
~100HP gain would be about right, depending on tune, if your list includes a larger throttle body. I look forward to dyno results and pics of the finished product.

2.4 pulley, 93 octane (which around here in TN is normal high octane), long tube headers, no cats, offroad x pipe, stock mufflers, resonator delete, jlt cold air intake, custom tune, 4.10 gears, mcleod twin disc clutch.View attachment 72596
Nice numbers!

50stangpower

Established Member
Just got my car back from getting a McLeod and kooks headers. New numbers are 736/685 on 20* of timing.

Mods:
Kooks long tubes and off road H
Ford racing throttle body
JLT carbon fiber intake
Pulley

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Just got my car back from getting a McLeod and kooks headers. New numbers are 736/685 on 20* of timing.

Mods:
Kooks long tubes and off road H
Ford racing throttle body
JLT carbon fiber intake
Pulley

Very strong numbers with that setup, I am around 18* timing with a kb setup and have issues of knock..what fuel you run?

50stangpower

Established Member
93 octane. It made 715 on 19*. It starts pulling timing when IAT's reach 100* so hopefully it stays safe. I am not the expert though

Users who are viewing this thread