2015 Mustang Spied

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I saw it online too. Dont know yet what to think. Kinda of reminds me of the other ford lineup, which ive never been into every model looking alike. toyota does this, mazda, etc. I liked that for a while ford models looked different but good. Im sure itll grow on me but nothing is going to take my breathe away like the first time i turn the key on my gt500 being built.

Ford #1 always

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Yeah, it seems to have a SN95 feel to it, and I just have to say, I have never been a real fan of that generation although it did produce some great performers!!

I hear the people at Ford are VERY happy with it, and I wonder if we are getting a real look, or if this is some sort of intentional misdirect.

We saw many '15s in Dearborn a couple weeks ago. Nobody saw one without the camo, and the camo being off just the front has me wondering why? This is the proving grounds right next to the Museum and park, so it doesnt make sense they would expose it where it can be seen by the general public.

terminator02

Established Member
Yeah, it seems to have a SN95 feel to it, and I just have to say, I have never been a real fan of that generation although it did produce some great performers!!

I hear the people at Ford are VERY happy with it, and I wonder if we are getting a real look, or if this is some sort of intentional misdirect.

We saw many '15s in Dearborn a couple weeks ago. Nobody saw one without the camo, and the camo being off just the front has me wondering why? This is the proving grounds right next to the Museum and park, so it doesnt make sense they would expose it where it can be seen by the general public.

For that exact reason; so it can be seen and generate discussion. I can't get enough of the look or feel as it's way too covered up as a whole aesthetic design. However I have heard nothing but praise about this car.

This will probably be a very very good mustang as they knew they had a hit with the Retro generation but had to change up and you can't exactly tweak that chassis to be modern much more than it is. My prediction is a home run for Ford and they will sell oodles of them. Shelby will no longer be attached to the Halo brands but SVT Cobra will come back with some ridiculous performers. This site will go on as will Ford and people will continue to be happy and sad at what they chose to do. The happy will far outweigh the sad. We shall see..

Fin

ObieFox

Established Member
Damn, this thing is going to be hot when it's a GT350 with 600bhp and a lot less weight and IRS.

Maybe this will get the dealers to stop charging 10k over sticker on 2013/4 models.

Like it or not, Ford won't sit still and the next gen Shelby will be better in every possible way. Which is great! Love these cars.

2015 Ford Mustang Spy Shots - R&T Spy Photos - Road & Track

Me thinks he is trolling for a reaction in this "wrong" forum.......

BAS

Established Member
myzenusu.jpg

Looks like it rides a little soft

lvxlr8n

Established Member
The front as much as I can see of it, looks better than I thought it would. I don't doubt this car will be a great car. I will be waiting to see what SVT does for the 2016 Mustang.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The front as much as I can see of it, looks better than I thought it would. I don't doubt this car will be a great car. I will be waiting to see what SVT does for the 2016 Mustang.

x2 and still wouldn't change ordering my '14.
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
I love the front of it from what I can tell! But damn those are some skinny tires! If it really is as small as those in the know on here say it will be, there goes our chances of having some wider rear tires. As another said above, I will have to make a final determination when it is totally unveiled.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Definitely does not do anything for me. The upper grill opening is weak compared to my 14 GT500.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
My thoughts: this is the first Mustang in history that looks like a Mustang and a Ford at the same time. It looks like you took the features and lines of the Fusion and superimposed them on the proportions of the Mustang. In general, I like it, but it's not one of those "I've GOT to wait for the new one" kind of reactions. From straight on, it's sharp, but the front side 3/4 view starts to show a flat hood that begins to visually 'sag' or 'droop' and round off to an artificially low grill opening...not digging that pic.

ipop.jpg

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member
myzenusu.jpg

Looks like it rides a little soft

That's because the sway bars are connected to the outside of the Hubs. That's a huge engineering mistake. Only somebody from Kanada could like that homely thing........

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's because the sway bars are connected to the outside of the Hubs. That's a huge engineering mistake. Only somebody from Kanada could like that homely thing........

No no ...electric hybrid powa!
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
wrong forum

Technically, you're spot on. But how about limiting the perspective towards the new model to that of current GT500 owners. The group isn't diluted and as such it is easier to get a feel from the guys that own the current badass and king. Color me interested in the vibe from this body.

When I peruse those photos I realize how much I like the current Boss 302S and will miss that car when it goes away.

smrtasp

Established Member
I cannot wait to see all the rear end issues with the IRS and anything over 400 HP. Strong, stable and reliable rear ends are not Fords strength. I can't imagine the # of issues we will see with 600 HP. The focus should be on handling and road race capabilities and less on high HP/high torque and straight line performance. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying an IRS can't handle big power. My M5 was incredible for being as heavy as it was and was putting down over 500 HP at the tires. 0 wheel hop even on old tires, no gear issues, no odd popping/clunking, no bent axles, nothing - even after 85k miles. I can't say the same for my last 3 mustangs.

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
They say the 5.0 will get bore out to a 5.4L flat plane style crank shaft very similar to Ferrari v8 this style tends to rev high closer to 8 - 9,000rpm then the 6 or 7 the current motors do. I'm glad I bought a 13 with some American muscle looks like the new stang will look and sound like a euro sports car.

Users who are viewing this thread