6.2 Raptor engine upgrades

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Supposedly there was a 7.5L 800hp competion Baja truck Ford build and the Roush '777' stroker.
Anyone have any details on that or know of any other 6.2L Boss engine builds? Strockers, ported heads, cams, etc.
-J

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Since it really hasn't been in many high volume vehicles (2011 SD just came out) there's not a lot of parts out there for it now. I'd expect to see cams sometime soon, but they won't be an easy install. The timing gears are on the back of the engine for some reason.

SOCOMech

Established Member
The one used at Baja was the Raptor R, it was a 500hp 6.2 with cams, ported heads and TB, intake, custom long tubes and exhaust. There hasn't been any actual engine modifications released yet, like cams and heads but, there are some s/c kits (hennessey has a twin turbo as well), a couple of tunes, CAI's and Kooks has long tubes now. The potential of the 6.2 has been flashed a bit with it being able to go past 7.0l and make great NA power. So far, nobody has had any real problems with them yet. I myself am waiting for some solid time and reputation to get built up before I start modding the motor. I eventually would like to do cams, tune and long tubes.

turbosaleen

Established Member
just for your own good stay away from anything hennesy does hes a thief and has been sued by over 25 people from the viper comunity alone and lost every one of those suits to date.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Since it really hasn't been in many high volume vehicles (2011 SD just came out) there's not a lot of parts out there for it now. I'd expect to see cams sometime soon, but they won't be an easy install. The timing gears are on the back of the engine for some reason.

**cough cough**..uhm.... lol no they are on the front. :poke: I think you were laying under the truck at PRI or something, drunk and backwards when you made the observation.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Supposedly there was a 7.5L 800hp competion Baja truck Ford build and the Roush '777' stroker.
Anyone have any details on that or know of any other 6.2L Boss engine builds? Strockers, ported heads, cams, etc.
-J

I know Livernois is doing some headwork/comparison tests I beleive, perhaps even working on a cam. Perhaps they could shed some light on this as well?

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Front!
FRD2009092441814_PV%5B1%5D.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
**cough cough**..uhm.... lol no they are on the front. :poke: I think you were laying under the truck at PRI or something, drunk and backwards when you made the observation.

Maybe thinking of the cam sensor/crank trigger timing being on the back of the new Coyote 5.0? Timing gear are on the front as shown, but the sensors maybe on the back like the 5.0? :shrug:
I'm waiting to see what Livernois has at PRI show.
I'm also trying to get a rough weight on the motor as its only iron block.
I'm debating keeping the 427 Windsor based motor in my LX versus a built/stroked version of the 6.2L, but not if it will be significantly heavier.
-J
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread