Another Forgestar Nightmare?

snakeraper11b

Established Member
PLEASE READ IF CONSIDERING FORGESTAR OF MODBARGAINS AS COMPANIES YOU MAY DO BUSINESS WITH IN THE FUTURE

I'm starting this thread in prep for what I anticipate is in my near future.

One of my brand new, never removed from the box, custom order, Forgestar F14's has what looks to be at least 3/16" of an inch wobble to it on the tire balancer. The other ones balanced out fine. The tech told me of the issue, and I just rolled my eyes, he then showed me, and at first I thought, this guy is probably a knucklehead. He then proceeded to show me the same wobble on 2 more machines, and showed me the other rear, since a rear is the one in question, and it was dead straight on all machines.

I ordered the wheels through modbargains. I told them the Americas Tire Co tech to remove the tire and while they were doing that I called modbargains. They said they had never had an issue like this with a forgestar wheel...First let me say, YEAH RIGHT. Out of round f14's are quite common from my quick google search. The consistent lack of quality and finish and nightmare stories emerging from Forgestar customers in unsettling to say the least. These wheels were $1700, this is beyond unacceptable.

As I'm explaining the issue to modbargains, I'm repeatedly told this can't be an issue with the wheel, it must be the balancer or I dropped the wheel :fm:. So we start to play that game. They said the best they can do is have me drive the wheel out to them, 70 miles each way, which I have to take off work tomorrow to do, then they can test it, probably on the same machine they gave it the okay on the first time. I don't need a damn machine to tell me what my eye can see. This wheel wobbles, no other wheels wobble, therefore, this wheel is unacceptable. We will see what they say, since modbargains supposedly checks every wheel for tolerance twice before they okay it to be packaged. Either way, the fault will land on both companies since the wheels are checked for before they leave either company. I'm BEYOND pissed. I'm BEYOND angry. Hope to clear these companies names soon if they do the right thing, but if they try and screw me, this is going to turn into an ugly thread.

I'm a student, a veteran, and a hard working member or society. For companies to just take money from people and then not stand behind their work is ludicrous. I saved for these wheels on my last deployment to afghanistan. They are maybe $400 each, probably cost $100 to make. The money isn't the issue, its the principal that this is how companies do business now days. Unbelievable.

I'm expecting my issue to play out similar to this, as this is a carbon copy to my experience so far.
http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-tir...-opinions-forgestar-wheel-vibration-long.html

Last edited:

scarlett98

Established Member
Good luck man as I agree with you about them needing to be perfect your approach seems wrong. Most of the time when people call yellimg over the phone, nothing seems to go right after that.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I did some research, there is Forgedstar, Forgedtrue and Forgeline..the wheels we use are Forgeline.. probably a reason for that, I really didn't realize there were that many knockoffs out there.

Any chance you have a buddy with a large lathe, you can true the centers up on that I've been down that road before myself. Assuming these are modular style wheels.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I was confused by the name also. Forgeline is what you should've bought. Met a few of their guys last year at Kansas speedway during the grand am weekend, awesome wheels and as said above they're used by pro racing teams. You bought a knock off so you're getting knock off service.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
So I spent some time out at Modbargains, where I was repeatedly told prior to their retest, that there is no way its the wheel and they will get to the bottom of it right away. The tire tech mounts the bare wheel on the balance, wobbles like crazy, the sales rep literally turned green haha, the tech says, "yup, its the wheel". He then begins to inspect it, and quite quickly says, ah, heres the issue, a small piece of tape over the corner of the hub surface. I give him a blank stare, as if to say, "are you f****ing with me?". He removes the tape with a grinder because it was baked on from the powdercoat process, remounts the tire, by the way, it's still wobbling at this point, he puts two arms that measure runout on it, of which you can clearly hear the audible sound when it comes in contact with the wheel as it spins and the silence where it loses contact at the wobble. He then says, and I s**t you now, "It checks out". I just took it and left. I'll figure it out once I transport the car to Canada in a couple weeks. Looks like I'll be ordering a new wheel because I can tell this thing is going to vibrate at any amount of speed over a few MPH. Long story short, if you want to be called a fool and waste your money, buy Forgestar wheels.

The part about this which infuriates me the most is this; If these wheels go through any quality checks before they get okay'd to go on a car, as Modbargains explained to me, "These wheels are checked by 2 techs for roundness and runout before they are signed off" How in the holiest of f***s did this pass? It took one revolution and the guy goes, "ITS THE WHEEL". Pretty sure no one is checking anything off at forgestar of modbargains, because if they did, this wheel would have never passed with the "tape" on the hub surface.

Even with the wheel plainly still wobbling, the tech says its good to go, the sales rep doesn't say a word, and the VERY BEST part of all of this, the co owner of Modbargains is standing RIGHT THERE and says, "The guys at Americas Tire couldn't figure out it was the tape?" Even after it had been removed and still had an identical wobble.....Absolutely bottom of the barrel business, steer far clear from Modbargains and Forgestar.

Such a shame, they look pretty cool. Oh well, it'll make a nice stand for a plate glass coffee table in the new apartment. It's only $400 out the window, right? :fm:
0076_zps5f95b13d.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Asshole took a grinder to your wheel by hand and thought he fixed it???

Sorry for your bad experience. Keep after them.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I was confused by the name also. Forgeline is what you should've bought. Met a few of their guys last year at Kansas speedway during the grand am weekend, awesome wheels and as said above they're used by pro racing teams. You bought a knock off so you're getting knock off service.

I wouldn't exactly call them a "knock off". Still $1500+ wheels that are light weight, and strong. They just suffer from low quality control. I looked into Forgeline wheels, those are really nice. I may sell these once I get up to canada and don't need wheels on it again for a few months and order some, seeing as how they're exactly the same price and seem to be of higher quality.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Buy $1700 wheels, get $1700 wheel problems.

You post up here complaining before you took any steps to go to the company to get it fixed, then once there you continue to act like such a bad ass online that you're going to stick it to them but you take the first answer and walk out of there with your wheel without verifying it's fixed, then are convinced it's going to be a problem before you get it back on the car? So many, many issues here.

red beast

Banned

You post up here complaining before you took any steps to go to the company to get it fixed, then once there you continue to act like such a bad ass online that you're going to stick it to them but you take the first answer and walk out of there with your wheel without verifying it's fixed, then are convinced it's going to be a problem before you get it back on the car? So many, many issues here.

I agree if your not happy and seen it was still bad you just grabbed the wheel and walked out? That's on you I would of lost my mind right there. Good luck but you need to take a friend with you that's more of a prick you seem too nice

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member

The co-owner of the company, the sales rep who sold me the wheels, and their tech all gave it the okay....what further steps can I take when everyone involved just said it's fine? I need the car to roll to ship out of the country in 3 weeks. It takes Forgestar on average 4 months from time of order to delivery to produce a wheel. I watched the tech with the wheel from the time it came out of my trunk until the time the tire was back on it. I watched them "verify" if. Not really understanding what your issue is. Probably some Forgestar/Modbargains fan boy. Let me guess, I dropped the wheel, right? haha, take your ignorant comments somewhere else.

Why did you leave with a bad wheel, that was obviously bad?
Like I said above. Everyone up the chain as high as the owner of the company stood there and told me it "checked out" now. Pretty sure it's not going to go anywhere if I say, no, it's off, when they just used their machine to tell them its "within spec".

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I agree if your not happy and seen it was still bad you just grabbed the wheel and walked out? That's on you I would of lost my mind right there. Good luck but you need to take a friend with you that's more of a prick you seem too nice

It's not that I'm too nice, I'm simply out of time. Most member on here will tell you in fact that I'm quite a prick more often than not. I've already missed a day of work, lost more money, driven 120 miles round trip wasting gas, to be told that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing by the owner of the company. If that's not a classic get f***ed, I'm not sure what is.

95PGTTech

Established Member
The co-owner of the company, the sales rep who sold me the wheels, and their tech all gave it the okay....what further steps can I take when everyone involved just said it's fine? I need the car to roll to ship out of the country in 3 weeks. It takes Forgestar on average 4 months from time of order to delivery to produce a wheel. I watched the tech with the wheel from the time it came out of my trunk until the time the tire was back on it. I watched them "verify" if. Not really understanding what your issue is. Probably some Forgestar/Modbargains fan boy. Let me guess, I dropped the wheel, right? haha, take your ignorant comments somewhere else.

Hardly a fan of ForgeStar. I've been through CCW and HRE and been pleased, at roughly 3x the pirce. You can keep your knockoff wheels. Yes, you clearly should not have accepted that the wheel is right and left. You act like such a bad ass on here like you are going to raise hell and high water and then folded like a house of cards when it mattered.

That's IF your "eye test" means anything and if this thing vibrates, neither of which you actually verified yet. But you sure as hell were quick to jump on here and bitch, because the internet will solve your problems.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Hardly a fan of ForgeStar. I've been through CCW and HRE and been pleased, at roughly 3x the pirce. You can keep your knockoff wheels. Yes, you clearly should not have accepted that the wheel is right and left. You act like such a bad ass on here like you are going to raise hell and high water and then folded like a house of cards when it mattered.

That's IF your "eye test" means anything and if this thing vibrates, neither of which you actually verified yet. But you sure as hell were quick to jump on here and bitch, because the internet will solve your problems.

Look out everyone, we've got a BALLER on our hands. Wheels that cost as much as your 98, how doessssss he do it folks? I'm really happy that you have such SICK wheels, on a yellow, 98 cobra lol, so everyone knows that you can't think out of the box, and have no taste. Based off your recent posts, this is a common occurrence for you. Enter a thread, pull out your minimalist vocabulary and cyber dick ruler, forrrrrrrrr what purpose?

But I digress. This thread is to warn other possible customers of the quality and customer service of 2 companies so they don't end up going down the same road. Not so you can take out your frustration that you're a goon outside of this forum and you're gonna tell the world lol. Go polish your HRE's BRAH.

shurur

Established Member
Lots of monday morning quarterbacking going on,
Maybe you could have asked them to sign something stating the wheel was ok.
But it doesn't sound like that would happen.

Call the police..nope..nothing they can do.
Beat the shit out of the sales guy..not good...but most pleasant.
Refuse to leave..then they call the police on you.

You did what you could at the time.

Maybe have another (PRO) shop verify this wheel problem for you still exists and document it?..and maybe fix it.
And then use the BBB to your advantage to crap on them and maybe get your cost back to have the wheel fixed.

I'd get all the damn wheels checked at this point..but $$$$.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Baller? Hardly. But when I work hard for my money, I put quality shit on my car not cheap junk. Outside the box? LOL. Show me who doesn't have black wheels that don't look exactly like that on a Mustang.

This thread really should be a warning of companies to avoid dealing with a stupid ass customer like you. Did you even put the wheel on the car and see if it's a problem yet? Or are you still going on your eyeball which is apparently calibrated more than 2 tire balancers? You felt the need to get on here and bash the company and decided how they would act before you even went in person to get the issue resolved. LOL what a nightmare customer. No wonder why they don't want to work with you, I can't imagine what a child you conducted yourself like.

Users who are viewing this thread