Another Forgestar Nightmare?

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Still talking out if your ass. If I wanted the opinion of some 29 year old guido from jersey I would have PM'd you. Try flexing your all knowing cyber muscles in another thread, no one is impressed and I'm pretty sure no one cares. Good entertainment on my lunch break though, so I thank you for the laughs.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
OK believe me I know snakeraper can be a dick, but that's not the point, I think it is complete BS that the place where he bought the wheel and the dealer rep did that to his wheel and left him with it. the correct procedure would be to inspect the wheel and if out of round replace it. That's just good business, the 2 guys there should've split the cost, sold him a new wheel at cost ,SOMETHING instead of grinding on the wheel and then telling him it was OK. That's a pussy move IMO and I wouldn't be happy with it either.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
OK believe me I know snakeraper can be a dick, but that's not the point, I think it is complete BS that the place where he bought the wheel and the dealer rep did that to his wheel and left him with it. the correct procedure would be to inspect the wheel and if out of round replace it. That's just good business, the 2 guys there should've split the cost, sold him a new wheel at cost ,SOMETHING instead of grinding on the wheel and then telling him it was OK. That's a pussy move IMO and I wouldn't be happy with it either.

but it seems like they did verify its fine i dont understand the issue? take it to a shop and have that one wheel road force balanced should cost less than 15$ than you can confirm its correct if you dont trust forgestar

blacksheep-1

Established Member
but it seems like they did verify its fine i dont understand the issue? take it to a shop and have that one wheel road force balanced should cost less than 15$ than you can confirm its correct if you dont trust forgestar

the issue here is that he doesn't have the time to do that, he's moving to Canada (or someplace) he already stated the wheel was still wobbling but was declared "in spec" by the rep..really what are you going to say to that? Maybe they need to tighten their specs?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Well this went south fast...

Out-of-round aftermarket wheels are not terribly uncommon. One of my old 10.5" 03 replicas was out-of-round. It was noticeable on the machine when pointed out, but not at all noticeable on the car. I had those wheels for like 2-3 years without issue before I sold them. Put it on the car for a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread