Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Zemedici

Established Member
That probably wouldn't have worked. Who would pay a +/-$10K premium for "a GT350 with a blower on it" while the GT350 is still being made? It would be the tired old GT vs top dog Mustang argument all over again; "I can just buy a GT350 and put a blower on it for cheaper..." Do you see Roush Stage 3 cars flying off dealer lots? They can't use that formula in conjunction with the GT350. A redesigned and updated "GT350 with a blower" called a GT500, sure. But if they just wanted to make a GT350 with a blower, they'd need to stop selling the NA GT350 first.

Incorrect.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
To me, the tea leaves read that Dodge bet on shorter term America, while ford operates on long term calculations.

Dodge was and still is in a smaller and hungrier position to be able to do so. Less risk to hurt overall numbers when in all honesty the volume is not high. Ford is bigger and less free to do as the enthusiast pleases. Ford likely calculated on a tightening economy, higher emission regulation, tighter labor field, and expanding costs.

I’m proud of Dodge for doing what they did. I’d like Ford to have had the courage to do so as well.

If Ford were ever to assume too much into Mustang loyalties as being too difficult to hedge or break, it’ll be a sad chapter or possibly bookend.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Show of hands; who's going to buy one new after it's released?
"If" I really like the car and I can order it the way I want, I would buy one at sticker, "if" I get what I want for my trade-in. Definitely would.
There's a couple of big "if's" though.

BladeX10

Established Member
Not only is the GT500 ridiculously delayed, We are going to have to play the stupid ADM game all over again for a year or 2 and thats where my interest starts to dip off. There are dealers around here in CA still trying to get ADM for GT350's SMH. Going to be hilarious watching this ADM crapfest when you can walk into a Chevy dealer and pick up its direct competition, A ZL1 thats been on the market almost 2 years now for a discount.

I might end up just going the 2013/14 GT500 route

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Not only is the GT500 ridiculously delayed, We are going to have to play the stupid ADM game all over again for a year or 2 and thats where my interest starts to dip off. ... Going to be hilarious watching this ADM crapfest when you can walk into a Chevy dealer and pick up its direct competition, A ZL1 thats been on the market almost 2 years now for a discount.

If that were a real concern to dealers, they would've already dropped the ADMs on the GT350s. They were/(are) still charging and getting ADMs for GT350s while ZL1s are selling at big discounts. I'm not saying that as a slam against the ZL1. It's just that the GT350 is still a highly desired car, even among non-Mustang and non-domestic car people.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not only is the GT500 ridiculously delayed, We are going to have to play the stupid ADM game all over again for a year or 2 and thats where my interest starts to dip off. There are dealers around here in CA still trying to get ADM for GT350's SMH. Going to be hilarious watching this ADM crapfest when you can walk into a Chevy dealer and pick up its direct competition, A ZL1 thats been on the market almost 2 years now for a discount.

I might end up just going the 2013/14 GT500 route

Ford has consistently beat Dodge and Chevrolet in the game of selling at or above MSRP on their specialty vehicles.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Show of hands; who's going to buy one new after it's released?

I am seriously interested... but things have to go right for me.

First and foremost, I don't buy first year cars anymore. I might wait 2 years just because I waited until 2016 for my GT350 and still ended up as part of the beta test pool (whole trans cooler thing). Let other people figure out whats wrong, have Ford fix the issues and I'll buy the refreshed version.

Second, I don't pay ADM.... ever. I'm sick of the attitude of "the car is worth a $30,000 ADM... unless you're trying to trade it in, then its worth 1/4 of MSRP even though its only 1.5 years old with 3,000 miles on it." The private party market isn't that great either.

And all that is assuming I like the car and there is a big enough performance jump for me to justify it. It would be nice if it has the brute force acceleration of the Hellcat with the cornering fineness of the GT350.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... It would be nice if it has the brute force acceleration of the Hellcat with the cornering fineness of the GT350.

You're talking about a 4400 lbs RWD car. How "brute" can the acceleration really be? I'm guessing it's no better (and probably less than) what the average modded (or stock '13/'14) GT500 feels like.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I drove a Bentley Continental GT with their 700hp or whatever, and it felt like a God damned freight train pulling. I think it weighs in at 5500lbs or so?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
You're talking about a 4400 lbs RWD car. How "brute" can the acceleration really be? I'm guessing it's no better (and probably less than) what the average modded (or stock '13/'14) GT500 feels like.

Stock for stock, my 16 Hellcat and my 13 GT500 ran the exact same ET and MPH in the 1/4 mile. The HC feels faster which is odd. Maybe because its am auto.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
This is the HC on 275 all seasons...

Challenger_0to60.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread