Anyone sell their 13 or 14 and go to a 03 cobra?

NewToFord

Established Member
So I know I’m probably going to get a lot of heat here. I’ve had my 2013 Shelby for about 3 years. I bought it used. It’s all stock other than the tires. Before I had this car I had a 03 cobra. I bought it brand new. It had a whipple and bolt ons. Made 600 to the wheels. I traded the cobra for the Shelby. I have always a kind of regretted it. I know for $1500 I can make th Shelby 700 plus hp. But there is something I really miss about the 03. So has anyone gotten rid of their Shelby and bought an 03? If I did buy one I would buy an already modded one. Thoughts?

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I’ve done this twice now!! I’m now back in a 14 Shelby. You are correct that the terminator is beyond special but as I age the terminator just isn’t comfortable for me. Performance wise both are at the top of the food chain so it’s really all about what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blue 07

Established Member
I've been in and driven in plenty of cobras, but something about my 13 that I just love. Newer design, insane torque ?? I'll stick with my 13

flynz

Established Member
TORQUE alone keeps me in my 13'... creature comforts make it a whole lot nice too. Get what makes you happy though, everyone will say one thing or another but at the end of the day you are the driver and the funder.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
They are so different from each other in most every way. That said, I like them both. The only fix if possible is to have both. I'd hate to have to chose one or the other, not sure which it would be.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My friend has a stock 14, and even though his is faster than my mild pulley 03, he says mine feels faster. It's that raw feeling we talk about all the time.

Your Cobra is one of the FEW on this board I wouldn't mind swapping for. The color, the mileage. Love your car.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Your Cobra is one of the FEW on this board I wouldn't mind swapping for. The color, the mileage. Love your car.
Forgot the whore pictures. lol

92d83c5ced3c6047b4a44bc6b0a9faec.jpg

d362d5c44ecec4bce9606527b3899b56.jpg

903deadfaa8e08630a7362bac750e818.jpg

Sent from somewhere

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol, STAMPEDE3 about shit himself when he saw it. "Almost 16 years old?" Jesus, I kept hearing. He has seen pictures I sent, but he said "really" when he was here last month and saw it in person.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
IDN I love my 13. LED's, HID's, track pack, Brembo's etc..... but I doubt it will ever be as iconic as the 03-04 Cobra which is just a raw classic. 25 years from the now the 03-04 Cobra will be worth more then my 13 GT thats for sure.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So I know I’m probably going to get a lot of heat here. I’ve had my 2013 Shelby for about 3 years. I bought it used. It’s all stock other than the tires. Before I had this car I had a 03 cobra. I bought it brand new. It had a whipple and bolt ons. Made 600 to the wheels. I traded the cobra for the Shelby. I have always a kind of regretted it. I know for $1500 I can make th Shelby 700 plus hp. But there is something I really miss about the 03. So has anyone gotten rid of their Shelby and bought an 03? If I did buy one I would buy an already modded one. Thoughts?
So, if you had a modded Cobra, why no mods to the GT500?
They take to mods just as well and with gears, pulley, tune, DRs you have a 10s street car.
A stock Shelby is soft due to the gearing---guaranteed you swap in some 4.10s, drag radials and a tune and you'd be feeling VERY different about your car.
I picked up a clean '93 Cobra to have a raw driver in addition to the Shelby and I eventually will replace the '04 Cobra I regret selling, but not at expense of the GT500.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread