best tuner for tuning a A6 with a circle d 4c

bunits19714

Established Member
I bought a 2013 GT auto with Paxton 3.80 pulley 47 lb injectors,3:73 gears,BAP,stock air box. I don't know who tuned it but it made 560 rwhp on 93 octane. I went to the track with stock converter and it ran [email protected] 1.81 60' it was a pig in the 60' now I just installed a circle d 4c 3800 converter to try tommarrow and next week I will change my pulley to maybe a 3.48 and a beefcake tune, I hear good things about those guys so what do you think? Also I run race stars with 28" m&h dragradial. I'm thinking 10.40's tommarrow and maybe 10.0's after pulley and tune!
better upgrade the injectors and let us know how long the motor last with that 3.48 pulley at sea level not wastegated

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
I forgot to mention that I do have a wastegate but not sure what spring it has.beefcake told me today not to change the pulley from my 3.80 on a stock motor

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I've had several tune my car and I'll say Mike too on who to tune your car. Hate to say it but with Lund, told him I installed a converter and was told "it's already built into the tune". That threw me off a bit. Asked if I should data log and add a few items to be looked at and was basically told "no, tune was already built for it and no change" that made no sense to me. Talked to a few and they said it wasn't right. Car drove fine though. Called mike and he told me different. With his tune, Car acts totally different/better now.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Who has the best email tunes for a 5.0 Auto with the only Mod being a Off Road H pipe? The tranny is like a grandma with the factory tune file.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
This car is simply my daily, no other mods planned.

If that's all the mods you plan on doing to the car, then I would say to just use bama. Either way you still have to get a handheld tuner so you could try bama out and if you don't care for them go lund. Pretty hard IMO to screw up a tune with just an o/r mid pipe.

I also bought my lund tunes from Thomas at Beefcake

momogt

Established Member
I think the hardest part with tuning a auto is tuning the tranny to the drivers liking

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Buy HP Tuners and hit the HPT forum. Plenty of info and a few guys that are willing to show you what needs to be done to get shift points and converter lockup correct. It's not easy but it's nice to learn this stuff and be able to do it yourself.... Just my two cents... Mike R never got mine the way I wanted so this is the route I went and it payed off substantially....

momogt

Established Member
Buy HP Tuners and hit the HPT forum. Plenty of info and a few guys that are willing to show you what needs to be done to get shift points and converter lockup correct. It's not easy but it's nice to learn this stuff and be able to do it yourself.... Just my two cents... Mike R never got mine the way I wanted so this is the route I went and it payed off substantially....

You are HP tuner is the route that I have been thinking about going. I have a local tuner that I am friends with that do a good job tuning and has used HP tuner

cjd223

Established Member
Lund can't tune an A6 Whipple with a 3C converter. He has tried 6 times with a friend's car. I looked at his latest logs - not good. He is going with AED.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
If you want very good communication with the tuner I'd recommend Shaun @ AED. Friend of mine has been having tons of issues with drivability with another tuner and Shaun recommended some stuff to us free of charge and actually reviewed logs and saw some issues that I was able to verify. He will most likely end up with an AED tune next season when money becomes available. However, if you ask Shaun and Mike Roush is available to you for a dyno tune, he will probably recommend that route.

momogt

Established Member
I would love for mike roush to install and tune my converter being that I don't live far from him. But getting in touch with him is another story. I know mike does a lot of road course racing so maybe when I can catch him over the winter and get this done

derricksmustang

Established Member
Its funny I was a true believer in LUND being the best out there I guess its for certain things. Had a good friend get a circle d 3c begging off the year went .2 slower than his best time with out a converter car was a consistant 12.0 11.8 and went to a 12.0 to 12.2 LUND said the same thing it didnt need to be retuned?? Makes me really think about what im going to do after being rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread