Boss with bolt-ons/tires 11.58@119mph

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I took my Boss out to ZMax today, amazing drag strip :rockon:. Conditions were decent, 200ft+ DA with a significant head wind, low 60's. I previously trapped 123mph 2 weeks ago in Rockingham however today my best was only 119. I did managed a new best et of 11.58 @ 119mph, 1.69 60ft.

photo-29.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2UEroAP9I

I couldnt be more impressed with my Boss, amazing car. I have lt headers with hi flow cats, magnaflow catback, Airaid cai, rt-s welds with mt's.

I was trapping 4 mph higher in Rockingham 2 weeks ago but I my traction control/Advancetrac wasnt completely disengaged, couldn't get a clean pass. I was doing it wrong :lol1:. There was also a difference of 962ft DA between the 2 trips. I believe she has a lot more potential, low 11's with more seat time and ideal/great conditions.

Last edited:

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
Congrats on the PB! I would love to run at Zmax but I would get the boot I hear they are strict. So we stick to Rockingham when we get the the chance. We usually run at Farmington 1/8th. Where are you located in NC?

Last edited:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
They weren't strict at all, they were last year though. Didnt even make me wear a helmet

Nice passes man, i saw your car there.. i only got a 12.49 @ 116, and a 12.55 @ 118 with 2.1 60's lol.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
They weren't strict at all, they were last year though. Didnt even make me wear a helmet

Nice passes man, i saw your car there.. i only got a 12.49 @ 116, and a 12.55 @ 118 with 2.1 60's lol.

Thanks! I saw your car there, looks great :beer:

What mods?

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Thanks! I saw your car there, looks great :beer:

What mods?

thanks man :beer: mods in sig. only performance mods i have are o/r x, cai and a bama tune.

they're having it almost every Saturday it looks like this year, im going to try going when it might not be as crowded. I only ran about 4 times

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Waiting for all of the 03-04 Cobra guys and GM fanboys to step in... In the mean time, congrats and GREAT times!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Waiting for all of the 03-04 Cobra guys and GM fanboys to step in... In the mean time, congrats and GREAT times!

Just wanted to post to say that we(03/04 Cobra guys) aren't all idiots when it comes to the 5.0 cars. I saw a Boss at the BG NMRA with similar mods running 11.40s, so I definitely believe it. Nice times OP. Get it sorted out and get that low 11 :beer:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
thanks everyone. I might go back to Rockingham this weekend, give it one more try before the hot weather is here till fall.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Just wanted to post to say that we(03/04 Cobra guys) aren't all idiots when it comes to the 5.0 cars. I saw a Boss at the BG NMRA with similar mods running 11.40s, so I definitely believe it. Nice times OP. Get it sorted out and get that low 11 :beer:

I've been hanging out in Road Kill Drive Thru too much lol. It's good to see someone that owns a terminator with a level head!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I've been hanging out in Road Kill Drive Thru too much lol. It's good to see someone that owns a terminator with a level head!

I've read through all of that crap and it makes me sick. I'd love to have a new 5.0, but that's not an option right now. Ford did a good job with both the 03/04 Cobra and the new 5.0 cars. Not sure why everyone needs to argue about them all of the time.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
How is the traction and weight transfer in the new 5.0s compared to the sn 95 cars?

I'd have to assume considerably better :-D. It handles extremely well, hooks at the strip, revs to 7800+, and they are not overly portly. It's a lot of car for the $

mr2cam

Established Member
Very nice, that is crazy because one of the few times I took my old mr2 to the track my best time was a 11.58@119 haha. I saw the time and was like wait wtf? Very good job man, I love the new boss's!

Users who are viewing this thread