Build Number of a Cobra...

mrose75

Established Member
1-800-ford-svt. I think that's the number. Give them your VIN. I think they may even give you a certicifcate of ownership or something. Whatever the number is in the Cobra Annex to the Owner's Manual. Also, if you e-mail this guy, give him you're VIN and address he'll send you a reconstructed window sticker: [email protected]. Did you just buy it??

Last edited by a moderator:

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
You can call and give them the VIN# it was free now it is $40 for them to send it out. The Window sticker is free but you better hurry they said they were going to stop sending them out like two weeks ago. RUN!!!!!

CobraExposed

Established Member
Build Number..

I actually bought it last November and wanted to do it but have not had time.. This past weekend my son-in-law flew to Arlington, Texas. We picked up a 2003 Cobra with 16,000 miles on it. Excellent shape and I thought I would get the information on both of them...
thanks.

CobraExposed

Established Member
I emailed the Dennis Zeni address and he is retiring and out of the office. His reply redirected me to a Bonny Miles at Ford. He also indicated they are not offering the window labels anymore due to work load constraints....:shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
CobraExposed said:
I emailed the Dennis Zeni address and he is retiring and out of the office. His reply redirected me to a Bonny Miles at Ford. He also indicated they are not offering the window labels anymore due to work load constraints....:shrug:
LOL! Work load constraints. I have expected, though, that at some point Ford would make a decision to not offer this or the build certificate any longer.

CobraExposed

Established Member
Question...

I called the guys at stangshiftergaskets and ordered the information. He told me that my unit was 4933 of 5082 units built. THen on the anniversary part it was 1411 of 2003 units built.. Does that sound right??? If it was built at 4933, then they only built 149 more units for the year. Looks like it would have been around 1854 or more of 2003 units built....

CobraExposed

Established Member
I was looking at stats on the SVTCobra site and I see the 5082 is not the total for all 03's, it is total of all convertibles built... That sounds more realistic...:lol:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
according to my records there were a total of 369 torch red 10th anniv verts

like others said you would prolly need the vin to be able to determine the svt build number/build date.

i dont think you can "time it" based on the sequence number since cobras were built on the same line as v6's and gt mustangs

edit - wait, cobraexposed did you say yours was torch red?

Last edited:

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
I just called the 800FORDSVT number and spoke to John who now handles these requests. He said since last April 06, when they folded the SVT team back into Ford they started charging for them. It now cost $40 to get a copy of the build Certificate.
I own a 2004 cobra silver vert and the build # is 1817 our of 1896. At least I now know that much.

If anybody can get one for free please pm

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
CobraExposed said:
I called the guys at stangshiftergaskets and ordered the information.

Just for the record if you did call them then you actually talked to CobraBob which made actual posts in this thread!:lol: :lol: Now that's funny!

Users who are viewing this thread