Come support yours truly tonight!

Kiohtee

Established Member
So as some of you know, and many of you may not, I'm pretty heavily involved with a simulation called iRacing (for PC). You can find pictures of an earlier version of my setup here.

Anyways, I was invited to be a driver in Upper Edge Racing's Cup Series which is broadcast live (with, I believe, race commentators) on http://www.iracing.com/ and here on Thursday nights at 8:45PM EST. This is our season opener and like NASCAR's, it's held at Daytona, a track known for high speeds, close pack racing and spectacular crashes. It's half the length of the real deal, so it's a 100 lap/250 mile race.

I don't expect anyone who even decides to watch, to watch the whole ordeal, but I'd greatly appreciate knowing some of you watched in support. I have a lot of time and money into this and it's finally paying off by getting my name out there to the iRacing community. So if you have the free time tonight and think about it, click over and spectate a little to see how I'm doing. It's a totally unpredictable race given the venue, but I do plan on being around to the end. My car below, for reference.

Also staff, even though there's a single picture, can we please leave it in RS for the exposure? Thanks in advance!

wvkSZt5.png

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Pff didn't even mention your new sponsor. Nor show your new car.

This guy.

Well I was gonna wait until next week and advertise for the Atlanta race, but since you need it now... :p

Josh (@Zemedici) stepped up in a big way in securing sponsorship for me via Injected Engineering. I'll be debuting this paint scheme (still as the number 73) next week at Atlanta for the Drive for Suicide Prevention 250:

1.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
You're out here giving members money to play video games, and I can't even get you to play online for an hour lol.

I will carry anybody's company on my car free of charge. All you have to do is supply the logos. ;)

Alternatively, if you can't stream the race from iRacing's website;
I'll also add the link to the OP.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I bet they race with damage turned off.

No such thing in iRacing. Not even in private/custom rooms.

Stay pushing behind a car in the pack too long, say goodbye to your motor. Touch the wall even a little and say goodbye to your aerodynamics. Burn up your tires pushing too hard and kiss a competitive lap time goodbye.

The only thing they're really missing is absolutely random parts failures. But there's usually enough dummies (I'm talking about in public rooms) to compensate for that.

coremaster21

Established Member
Good luck man! I will try to watch if I remember too. Is there a reward for coming in first?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Good luck man! I will try to watch if I remember too. Is there a reward for coming in first?

It depends on who wins and what their agreement with their sponsor is. Anytime you see me in the Corsair-sponsored car, I've automatically eliminated myself from profiting in any way. That was just one of their rules, no profiting from/with the use of their name.

To keep it simple though, I've removed myself from winnings eligibility altogether.

Now the guys in the NASCAR Peak Antifreeze Series, they race for $10K at year's end and a spot on the stage at the NASCAR Homestead finale. But those guys are of a different breed.

Blown 89

Established Member
Good luck. I'll still be at work or I'd check it out for a bit.

Do you race in real life or just virtually? I'm wondering how it translates. I find the more I race online the worse I get so I'm curious what others have found.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't race in life, unfortunately, so I can't comment on how it translates. However, real NASCAR drivers do have verified iRacing accounts that they use to practice for upcoming races. Even some of the spotters, pit guys, etc. There's several YouTube videos of the drivers themselves on iRacing.

1 hour until final practice...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Good luck. I'll still be at work or I'd check it out for a bit.

Do you race in real life or just virtually? I'm wondering how it translates. I find the more I race online the worse I get so I'm curious what others have found.
The Gran Turismo series has actually converted top gaming drivers into real drivers and I believe their crowning achievement is a podium finish at LeMans. Something like that. I know the drivers ended up being pretty good though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread