Demon on the Loose...

TFStang

Established Member
I hope Ford is taking note of the supposed 800 rumored H.P. of the Dodge Demon. They need to make the upcoming GT500 the undisputed king of the horsepower wars. Bar has been raised. Can Ford keep up?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'm not sure HP will be the answer much longer. Ford needs to be proactive. 700hp and handling characteristics not far off from the GT350 would get the job done, when coupled with being able to run low or flat 11's in stock trim. The next GT500 needs to be Ford's version of the all around great R35 GTR. Will run around the corners and rape you at the strip.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Only time will tell. I really don't see 800 hp coming from Ford on a mustang with a warranty. Hopefully I will be wrong.

As a side note, a fellow worker has a Hellcat Charger and with a pulley swap, tune and exhaust, makes over 800 hp ( flywheel ) and put down over 730 hp to the wheels.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I love the GT350 as far as handling goes. If they could have this car with another 200 HP/TQ, that would be perfect. As much fun as the Challenger Hellcat is, as someone has actually ran one on the road course, its just way too heavy to keep up with the GT350 on the road course. If Ford could just give the GT350 platform more power (700+) to own the straights, they can own the field for years to come.

Zemedici

Established Member
I love the GT350 as far as handling goes. If they could have this car with another 200 HP/TQ, that would be perfect. As much fun as the Challenger Hellcat is, as someone has actually ran one on the road course, its just way too heavy to keep up with the GT350 on the road course. If Ford could just give the GT350 platform more power (700+) to own the straights, they can own the field for years to come.

we can make that happen. Put a whipple on a GT350 two weeks ago.
Made 751whp / 535wtq

paluka21

Established Member
I hope Ford is taking note of the supposed 800 rumored H.P. of the Dodge Demon. They need to make the upcoming GT500 the undisputed king of the horsepower wars. Bar has been raised. Can Ford keep up?

I think there is also the price standpoint. Will Ford want to release a new GT500 with a price tag comparable to a Corvette Z06, in the $80K+ range, or will they want it to be competitive with the Camaro ZL1 and Hellcat price range in the $65K range? My guess is they're going to start in the $65K with optional equipment pushing the car upwards to $75K to keep it competitive with the ZL1 and current Hellcats.
Releasing a car with 800hp or more to me seems:
1) Very limited production
2) Price tag in excess to what Ford's historically done. They tend to let the mustangs compete with other "pony/muscle" cars such as camaro and challenger.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
we can make that happen. Put a whipple on a GT350 two weeks ago.
Made 751whp / 535wtq
That's nasty Josh! Do you happen to have a dyno sheet available to look at?
Did you use Whipple's canned tune? I hear their canned tunes are pretty good.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's nasty Josh! Do you happen to have a dyno sheet available to look at?
Did you use Whipple's canned tune? I hear their canned tunes are pretty good.

ask and ye shall receive :)

Attachments

• Mcconville.jpg
    Mcconville.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 811

1Slowfocusst

Established Member
This is a friend of mines truck. Hellcat owner was so embarrassed that he wouldn't even stop afterwards

Sent from a turbo go kart
#3704 of #14036

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
ask and ye shall receive :)
Thanks sir!!
Yeah,....that car makes some serious power. Very nice. The torque isn't too bad, but could be better. Gotta be careful of the FLAT PLANE CRANK!!! lol
(As yolodouchebag would say! lol)
One more question Josh,........93 octane?

Zemedici

Established Member
Thanks sir!!
Yeah,....that car makes some serious power. Very nice. The torque isn't too bad, but could be better. Gotta be careful of the FLAT PLANE CRANK!!! lol
(As yolodouchebag would say! lol)
One more question Josh,........93 octane?

93 octane!

Stock boost too

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The flat plane crank is no weaker than a cpc to be honest. It's the size they took the engine to that adds to the stressed mechanical leverage but that said ford did well. An 8L small block fpc v8 would be stressed as well in similar fashion.

The voodoo mill is very robust. Honestly it's possibly less likely to suffer a failure than a cpc simply because of inherent efficiency and reduced back pressure. The fpc fires more smoothly so in turn, the engine itself is less stressed at high rpm. The firing order itself is simply superior so the idea the engine would fall apart doesn't really hold water.

My bi-specticals are firmly pushed to brow.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think most people are saying that the compression of the engine is the main problem when adding boost.

TFStang

Established Member
It will be interesting to see what happens with the GT500 since the horsepower wars seem to be alive and well. Not a big fan of the Challenger, or Hellcat, but dropping weight while adding power and more tire is something anyone could get behind. I hope Ford is watching.

Users who are viewing this thread