Engine Noise... Is this normal?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Hey folks... I have a 2013 GT500 that is making some noise. I never really paid much attention to the engine sound before, but I am a tad concerned about this. I am looking for opinions from people who own one.

Keep in mind, the car is 4 years old and has about 3500 miles on it.

I heard a tapping noise that lead me to pop the hood. It sounds like all of the injectors are clicking and the front bearing in the blower snout sounds louder than usual. Based on the video, am I over reacting or should I take the car to the dealer?

302project

The Shelby or the Ranger?
Established Member
Yep, that's the injectors and the front bearing. Mine has 14k miles and sounds exactly like that since I got it with 3400 miles. Don't worry about!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Marc- You definitely have a problem.

So with only 3,500 miles on the car, it needs to be driven MORE!.
There, problem solved! :D

I agree fully. I am going to try to drive it more this year. We inherited it from my father in-law... He put 1500 miles on it before he passed and I put the other 2000 on it. I have been trying to give me wife time to get use to the idea her dad is gone and have her drive the car herself for awhile, but she just doesn't.

I explained that the car is going to rot into the ground if its not driven. She swears she's going to drive it more and she's cool with me driving it more. We'll see how it goes.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I agree fully. I am going to try to drive it more this year. We inherited it from my father in-law... He put 1500 miles on it before he passed and I put the other 2000 on it. I have been trying to give me wife time to get use to the idea her dad is gone and have her drive the car herself for awhile, but she just doesn't.

I explained that the car is going to rot into the ground if its not driven. She swears she's going to drive it more and she's cool with me driving it more. We'll see how it goes.
Ahh. I see and understand. Thats a tough situation Im sure and sorry to hear about your family loss.

I think its good to hear that she wants to keep it whether she drives it or not. My wife lost her mother recently and it was the opposite, just to painful memory to keep her car.

It may take your wife a long time or she may never want to drive it but maybe it just makes her feel at ease to have the car with her.

I still have things my father possessed when he passed a couple years ago and will not part with but dont use much. He loved model Trains and electric tracks, basement still full with multiple tracks setup. I still have his coat hung by the door.

Maybe that special car brings comfort and ease to your wife, so cherish it with her.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

merkyworks

Established Member
Mine makes the same noise.

Its definitely more audible when you have been driving it around and park it and turn it off, then come back 5 minutes later. That first minute after starting up the engine seems to be at its noisiest but than once you start driving again its quiets down.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Is that your GT350 in your avatar? Do you have pics if so and of the GT500?
I only have one pic on line of the two together. I can upload a better one when I get home.
GT350_and_GT500.jpg

GT350Front.jpg

MyCars2.jpg

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Thanks... I appreciate it. They are all great vehicles. I wish I had more time to enjoy they more than just driving to work. I rarely get track time of off-road time anymore.

svt662

Established Member
Please tell me the license plate isn't screwed into that Shelby bumper? Great collection and I know the feeling about finding the time to drive these cars, Mine has only around 700 miles. 2 miles put on last year! LOL

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Please tell me the license plate isn't screwed into that Shelby bumper? Great collection and I know the feeling about finding the time to drive these cars, Mine has only around 700 miles. 2 miles put on last year! LOL

It's funny you asked about the plate. There are 15 GT500's built in 2013 that came from the factory with the front license plate installed as a legit option...and this is one of them. Also, it has the wrong spliter from the factory. I don't know how many they screwed up... But I thought it was way too funny.

svt662

Established Member
It's funny you asked about the plate. There are 15 GT500's built in 2013 that came from the factory with the front license plate installed as a legit option...and this is one of them. Also, it has the wrong spliter from the factory. I don't know how many they screwed up... But I thought it was way too funny.
That's crazy I never knew that again you have a great collection!!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Please elaborate on the front license plate. That looks like a molded bracket that confirms to the GT500 bumper. Closer pics please. How do you know it is one of 15?

Tom

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Please elaborate on the front license plate. That looks like a molded bracket that confirms to the GT500 bumper. Closer pics please. How do you know it is one of 15?

Tom

Its on the window sticker. According to some build spec sheets I found on this sites, there are only 15 that included the factory installed plate (rather than dealer installed?).

Not sure what closer pics will do... Its a molded license plate bracket... Looks like it belongs there. The window sticker would probably be a better measure. I'll see if I can get a pic of the window sticker. My mother in-law still has it.

nice cars!

the gt350 is missing the front splitter in the first pic... :)

Yea, the was the morning after I bought it. I took it home at 9 pm the night before and they couldn't find the box. I didn't get it installed until a few days later.

Drewsky65

Established Member
It needs a bath under there! But yes as you all have already determined, that noise sounds normal

Users who are viewing this thread