Ford Coyote Engine surpasses Ford Modular engine !! World Record - video

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Ford Coyote Engine overtakes it Modular Brother and Pushrod Cousin to takes its place as The fastest, most technological, and most powerful Ford small block ever! This run was made with factory cylinder head castings sitting on top of the new MMR Gen X billet coyote Block! Even more impressive is that this was accomplished with a Automatic transmission (non lock up) and NO intercooler! Team MMR would like to thank Garrett turbochargers, Manley performance, Tial Sport, Pro Torque, Big Stuff 3, Brisk Spark Plugs and Hellion Turbo for being a part of this 3.87/199mph record setting run!!

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Excellent! I agree 100% on the poor video quality; take a decent camera with a zoom next time.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What does it run in the 1/4? I'm pretty sure Accufab still hold that's record right?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Video was sent to us by a customer. In regards to 1/4 mile pass it hasnt made one yet, most racing it seems is being shortened to 1/8 mile for safety. The MMR pro mod was up 2mph and .042 seconds at the 1/8 compared to the old 1/8 mile record , these #'s generally continue down the track, meaning it would likely run a Low 5.80 @ just under 260mph, but we all know these cars cant be raced on paper so only time will tell!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is mighty impressive. Congratulations! Your comment about 1/8 mile racing is interesting, as I've seen an increase myself. Just curious, do you see an ultimate disappearance of 1/4 mile in favor of 1/8 mile throughout the drag racing industry?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That is mighty impressive. Congratulations! Your comment about 1/8 mile racing is interesting, as I've seen an increase myself. Just curious, do you see an ultimate disappearance of 1/4 mile in favor of 1/8 mile throughout the drag racing industry?

NHRA still has MANY 1/4 mile classes including Pro Mod, they are held however at select tracks that we assume they are comfortable with the level of safety and the ability to stop. Much Like Top Fuel and Funny car, shortening of the race seems to be likely as these classes go faster and faster.

Users who are viewing this thread