hang with hellcat

Blown85

Established Member
So my current ride is a 2003 Terminator with a 2.2 KB, about 590 RWHP. A friend of mine just bought a new hellcat. Before I bust his chops , Id like to know can I hang with that car? I would think from what I read on their 1/4 mile times it would be a good run assuming my car can run 125mph in the quarter.

What do you guys think?

Zemedici

Established Member
Run it and see how it goes - they make from 640-660rwhp stock and they move out.

Depends on who hooks and who can drive , anything can happen in the street

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What do the hellcats weigh again?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Mine is 4400 lbs. I've run a 3.5 0-60 and mid 11's in the 1/4 on 275 all season tires. 650rwhp and 630rwtq.

Look at your lbs to tq ratio and that may give you an idea about the car's ability. Stuff a driver in the mix and anything goes. That why I won't race a stock Accord for titles.

Blown85

Established Member
Run it and see how it goes - they make from 640-660rwhp stock and they move out.

Depends on who hooks and who can drive , anything can happen in the street

Yes I agree. only one way to find out. I will let you guys know when it happens!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Another big factor, you're driving a manual. Is he driving a manual as well?

Blown85

Established Member
I dont know if its an auto or stick. Well see if it will be a roll or dead stop. Gonna be a few weeks as I have new rims coming with new drag radials

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If your car is a squared away KB car, it will at minimum hang with a hellcat. If anything, come up on top.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
what was your 60 foot and mph for this "mid 11's" quarter mile run on all season tires? and at what track?

I don't have a time slip. I haven't had it on the drag strip, only the road course. A local club I am associated with rented Dominion Raceway for 2 days. I used the timing system built into the car to make a few 1/4 mile runs on the main straight. The computer doesn't give me 60' times. I don't remember all the stats, but the ET was 11.6 (on gives 10ths) @ 128.

nxhappy

Established Member
I think the HC would have the edge. You could spray some nitrous to put him to shame =)

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
^I'm thinking this as well. Especially if it's an A8.
OP, you both should do 3 from a roll and 3 from a dig to really compare.

OP, if you do this... don't let the HC owner talk you into a 60 roll. That's sweet spot to takeoff in 3rd with max traction and acceleration. LOL

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you can drive, you have the faster car.

You should be able to trap 128-130 to be honest though. 125 isn't soft or anything but it's a little low for 590. Were you driving kill mode/hard launch, or going easy on it?

Anyways, with driver mod it's your race to lose if his is stock/stock tire etc.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As an idea, 480-520whp porter eaton cars have gone 125mph with excellent drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread