hang with hellcat

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just for reference, I could run 3.5 sec. 0-60 mph and 11.5 sec 1/4 mile pretty consistently on unprepped roads when my A8 Hellcat was stock with drag radials.

I had 3.09 gears installed a few months ago and ran a 3.5 sec. 0-60 mph and 11.3 sec. 1/4 mile the other night on an old farm road North of town:

2osc.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And quite a bit of weight reduction..

Most ported cars are 120-121 cars
Mine must have been outside the realm of "most ported car". My Stage 1 ported Eaton (504rwhp) ran 11.3 @ 124. I was not the driver. The new owner of my '03 Cobra ran that in Arizona with no additional mods.

I think this is going to be a driver's race. The results will be very interesting. And I'd love to see video of a couple of digs and a couple of rolls. Just for comparison.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine must have been outside the realm of "most ported car". My Stage 1 ported Eaton (504rwhp) ran 11.3 @ 124. I was not the driver. The buyer ran that in Arizona with no additional mods.

I think this is going to be a driver's race. The results will be very interesting. And I'd love to see video of a couple of digs and a couple of rolls. Just for comparison.

The only ported eatons that I have known of going 124+ are the ones with FULL supporting mods and a good bit of weight reduction.

Not sure what was all done to yours bob but its also hard to tell once the car changes hands to someone else.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's been about 7-8 years since I followed the eaton scene but if memory serves me, these were the numbers around 08~. Location/weather/Weight/suspension/tires involved in different ways in the scenarios etc:

Average stock: 108-112
Fastest stock: 114

Bolt ons no pulley: 114-117
Fastest: 118

Pulley and bolt ons: 115-120
Fastest: 123

Ported/bolt on: 117-122
Fastest: 10.8@130 (sra, light, slicks. There's YouTube of this car) it might be different cars. I do recall 10's and 130. I almost went this route with built engine and nitrous, but I'm 4500ft up and canned the idea. I figured if I was going to put 5 figures into the engine, why run a leaf blower. Nothing against an eaton, it's just a small unit for a built engine.

Oh. Wow, 132 I guess. Admittedly its full tilt.
image.png

125 isn't a stretch for a bolt on slick car at 3550lbs though.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 106

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
image.png

Honestly I don't have the time to sort through all the stuff that comes up, but I'm confident in a well driven porter eaton running 125. It's not a hero run, but near the top. 120-125 can be done pretty often/without much special stuff.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Back to the op, practice your driving and get into the 128-130 trap range. That would seal the deal. Move the battery to the trunk, get a short throw if you haven't, etc. You have the power to put a car+ on a stock hellcat. You've also got aerodynamics and weight on your side. If his is manual, you should be able to put a bus on it if he's just an average driver.

That said if you stumble/make mistakes, and he's auto, you'll be busses behind

Troponin

Established Member
Lots of Hellcat owners can't drive. From a dig, they are pretty awnry and feathering and controlling the throttle is a must. On the street, on 555Rs at 30 PSI, and A8, my best 0-60 time is 3.2 seconds, and that was with very little practice launching (It was my 4th attempt at recording a solid try). It's my DD, so I don't lower the pressure below that. If I dropped it to 18-20 PSI and practiced more, I am sure I could hit 2.8 or 2.9.

Otherwise, don't worry too much if you can run from a dig with skill. Just make the run short, like 1/8 mile and no more than 1/4 mile. Up top, my car pulls like a rocket and feels like it will never end at 140+

ITSTOCK

Established Member
The only ported eatons that I have known of going 124+ are the ones with FULL supporting mods and a good bit of weight reduction.

Not sure what was all done to yours bob but its also hard to tell once the car changes hands to someone else.

I went 11.4@126 at full weight on my old upper only ported eaton Cobra.

OP's car should easily trap in the 128-130 range with average DA (under 2000)

Last edited:

Blown85

Established Member
my car went 11.66 @118 with pulley and stock diablo tune. Have not ran it yet with the KB on it. Oh and I now have a SRA

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ya I've seen plenty similar to what you guys are running.

Some ported eaton cars are trapping 130 at full weight in good air. That's damn impressive for 500-530whp.

It's the age old adage, wanna go faster, add driver mod first, then parts.

I've seen 700whp ts Cobras struggle to hit 130-135mph trap speeds, then other guys with that power are running 145. So many variables.

1000whp cars barely hitting 140, others doing 160. It's so complex to break it all down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You're right, but as far as I remember, there was no weight reduction. There WAS a re-tune because the motor was running lean and I'm pretty sure he upgraded the injectors to 60 lb. units.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You might think "it hits hard".... but any good street racer knows that you dont start a race in the mid 3k rpms... (especially not in a higher gear like third).

At 60mph in 3rd you will be starting the run at about 3,500-3,600.

A much better spot for an 03/04 would be either 45-50mph in 2nd OR a 70-75mph in 3rd.

However hard 60mph in 3rd might feel, you will be "handicapping" yourself for the run.

But what do I know... lol

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine too.

I've had the tires break loose in cooler weather and 3rd gear punch from 60. 20+ psi, corn, and an 04sleeper tune is a beautiful thing for a big hit of TQ

I break the tires loose at 2,500rpms in 3rd gear.... that doesnt mean I should start the race at that rpm... it just means I need better tire/suspension set up.

Users who are viewing this thread