How hard are you on your Terminator?

cmac29

Established Member
I drive mine like I stole the SOB. Got 50k miles and a 540 hp ported eaton setup since 15k miles. However since I put the 2.8 KB on it, RXT 26 spline input shaft bigger pumps, injectors etc etc I have had a lot of issues and haven't got to drive it much. It has been on the lift in the garage since September. After I got the new blower on I went to the dyno and was loosing fuel pressure at wot. On a good note it made 516hp and 505tq at 2600 rpms right before the fuel died. Then I upgraded pumps again put hard lines in the tank incase the rubber ones were kinking and put a new fuel filter on. Then I put a 200 amp alternator and upgraded wiring to 00 then fuel pressure seemed ok. So during testing I noticed it would want to spark knock a little at wot. Figured it was the tune so I drove it on the weekends a couple times until it through a ring bolt through my beautiful frpp diff cover. So that's why it's on the lift now. Plus once something breaks I always find other things to upgrade suspension, return fuel system, gforce axles will probably be selling some lvl 2 dss ones. Eaton truetrac diff, modded frpp cover with a brace also. Id1000s are also replacing the frpp 80s. 6lb lower with 3 inch upper pulley also going on the corn. So hopefully by April I will be back on the dyno and driving it like I stole it on corn with 20 to 22 lbs of boost. I've always drove my mustangs, cobras and even had a slomaro once like I stole them and never had any internal Motor issues. Plus it's fun!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blownfox

Established Member
What's worst, Reving the engine out or seeing boost between 2K to 4K rpms? Per the factory boost gauge my car sees boost with a little touch of the throttle. I'm going Monday to the dyno but this car seems boost happy compared to my S-trim 93 cobra.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Bunch of liars in here. Lol

Original Owner
Adult Driven
Only on Sundays
Never in the Rain
Never Raced
Drove it like a Grandma
Mostly highway miles under 55 mph

4513bc360249341d208bdc2d62bbd1f3.jpg

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I enjoy driving it hard and I enjoy cruising around. Just depends on where I am. Most of my harder driving is at the track and I don't race on the street anymore. Got that out of my system 15 years ago. I do get on it away from town on straight, open stretches of road at times as well. Most of the people in this thread would probably say I drive it too hard, but the good news is that I drive it how I want to and not how someone else thinks I should.

Arrickh

Established Member
I dump the clutch rolling burnout leaving tire 100 feet down the road, no lift shift, shift at redline, launch with drag radials at the track, and WOT most drives. All on a daily driver with 70k miles 609RWHP running 20lbs of boost on a tvs with 93 octane. Gonna be on e85 and more boost soon enough.

Lawman0905

Like everybody I've worked a lot of hours to afford the cobra as a pleasure vehicle so I'm pretty meticulous with it, but needless to say the longer the freeway on ramp the better.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I beat the hell out of mine every time out, wot, drifts, rev limiter, anyway you can beat the hell out of it on the street I do every time... a hundred and thirty k on the clock

bssmith1220

Established Member
Why does it seem like people consider a good burnout here and there beating on the car? Mine stays in a climate controlled garage, gets driven maybe once a week during the good top down weather months, sees boost in 2nd or 3rd almost certainly when it comes out, and gets a good clutch dump burnout a few times a year. Do I consider that beating on a car that was built to take it, absolutely not. I think there is a difference in "spirited driving" and "beating on". I think beating on a car means hitting the rev limiter constantly, killing a set of tires in one burnout, long 5th gear highway pulls, not maintaining the car, and just treating it like you don't care. If you take care of the car well and drive it hard sometimes that's not beat on. These cars can last a long time driven hard if you are smart about it.

DropSVT

Established Member

speedoflife

Established Member
Good gawd thats not how your suppose to do donuts lol
Luckily we have a abandoned airstrip less than a hour...
"Supposed" goes out the window when these bad boys come into play:
27083796316_dfe4e3adde_k.jpg

That ain't no abandoned air strip hahaha

DropSVT

Established Member
"Supposed" goes out the window when these bad boys come into play:
27083796316_dfe4e3adde_k.jpg

That ain't no abandoned air strip hahaha
Thats why u do em in the streets rather then a parking lot and have skillzzz if you are doing it in a parking lot. And yes it is basically abandoned. Crows landing california. Only times weve been haggled out there is when theres 100+cars

Sent from my LGMS428 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

speedoflife

Established Member
Thats why u do em in the streets rather then a parking lot and have skillzzz if you are doing it in a parking lot. And yes it is basically abandoned. Crows landing california.
We have an old airstrip in the area I live in but it's far from abandoned. They let groups organize autocross out there but you'll get ejected pretty quick if you're leaving rubber on the ground.
If only I were closer to Cali... anyways I'll stop derailing the thread.

Something that has always bothered me is watching videos of people cold start their cars and immediately start revving the shit out of it for the purpose of recording their exhaust. Like this (pains me to watch):

01yellercobra

Established Member
Like everybody I've worked a lot of hours to afford the cobra as a pleasure vehicle so I'm pretty meticulous with it, but needless to say the longer the freeway on ramp the better.
The other night I was coming home from a friends place and the people getting on the freeway were moving a little slow for me. So I punched it to get around them. I probably didn't need to let it go as long as I did, but that whine sounds so good.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Glad to see others having long term results going hard on higher boost and power levels. I'm running a 2.93 so not sure on full boost level until I install the Hilton boost overlay guage but maybe 13ish? I make SURE the car is nearly if not 100% all the way to full operating temp before it sees any boost. All the way warm before any WOT action. I just wont do any other way period. Never any 5th full boost unless i just shifted near red from 4th then I get out of it before I get a big ticket #1 or overheat the blower and motor. No burn outs. No clutch dumping . No track time. Other than that it's game on. I never bounce off the redline or go past red and honestly since I've had it and driven maybe 15 times I've only went full balls to the wall from 40-120 once. I like a quick 2nd gear pull or hit it in 1st going around a turn to see how much it takes to break it loose. My fun thing to do is just highway cruising, see a gap and downshift to 4th at about 65mph, hammer it and keep going until I pass what I need to pass or from 55 or so hit 3rd and wind it out a little and row to 4th at about 6k then keep it going a little bit. Def don't beat on it but I do have some fun for sure and hit's full boost at least 2 or 3 times every single outing.

that's a bumper sticker quality quote there

can't wait to have some fun once the pulley goes on :)

it's fun for sure but it won't be enough. I guarentee it

Last edited:

Lylesr33

Established Member
I don't drive mine hard....yet at least. I haven't had it too long and don't drive it (only put 600 miles on it). The car has 26k miles and I've recently installed a 26 spline input shaft and spec 3+ clutch and also just tuned it today for 93 octane up from 91 octane. I typically don't drive any of them too hard but every now and then I get that wild hair and reminisce of my earlier years lol.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I installed a Hilton boost overlay tonight and while I don't know if the gauge is correct I just put it right back to zero and I get about 11.5 lbs. I maxed it out several times after the install and it never got to 12. Kind of happy bc this is the most boost its seen since its been born and been like this actually since like 5k miles from my understanding

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread