How hard are you on your Terminator?

HPLouis

Established Member
I wish I had the space to really wind the car out but I live in NYC. Besides the constant traffic, the bad roads, the pedestrians who cross against the red light and jump out in front of your car, the 25mph speed limits and the NY Police Department who will seize your car for 'drag racing' or 'exhibition of speed' my car gets driven like a grandma.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I installed a Hilton boost overlay tonight and while I don't know if the gauge is correct I just put it right back to zero and I get about 11.5 lbs. I maxed it out several times after the install and it never got to 12. Kind of happy bc this is the most boost its seen since its been born and been like this actually since like 5k miles from my understanding

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Did you check calibration with another boost gauge? That's how your supposed to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MineralCobra

Established Member
The word "hard" can have different meaning for different people lol

I dont drive the car everyday maybe 2x a week expect winter time. But I do quite frequent roll races mostly 40mph and up..

There are a few rules I follow...
*check oil/coolant level before heading out.
*mointor coolant temp/Battery voltage (aeroforce gauge worth every penny)
* Keep an eye on AIT2 NO BACK TO BACK pulls
* keep an eye of A/F gauge

I believe if you treat the car right change fluids on time and check levels and etc will help decrease chances of issues. You also have to know your car... if something seems off get it checked its not going away on its own :)

I stay away from launching the car, burn outs, drifting etc, I believe all that puts extra strain on the drive train, suspension.. I just fell roll racing and spirit driving on th higway is alot less strain on the car.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Why are you changing oil this frequently? These aren't high strung race bikes in street clothes (like a SXV550)
I don't best in mine but it sees boost.
At my shop I get mobil 1 5W20 for almost nothing, i think it cost me 9 bucks to do a oil change lol. I guess it gives me peace of mind.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I will say with the new TVS the car is so much more enjoyable to drive. It accelerates so much easier and you always want to get on it lol. It takes a lot of restraint.

MG0h3

Established Member
I read that, I'd check adjustment / install, seems weird that it will let go and come back. Usually they either work or they don't.

Ive had some even in little four banger cars where the best place to get it to slip is a higher gear. But ya it is surprising to me. Might just be the mileage. Been pushed hard for 13-14k

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Lol no about 3 to 400.

wow that is frequent lol. i used to change mine like 2500-3000, but after sending a few samples to blackstone and them all coming back good, they even told me it would be fine to extend changes out to like 4500-4800. (mobil 1)

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
wow that is frequent lol. i used to change mine like 2500-3000, but after sending a few samples to blackstone and them all coming back good, they even told me it would be fine to extend changes out to like 4500-4800. (mobil 1)

It's your money so spend it how you want, but I just hate to see oil wasted like that. Unless you are only driving it at the strip or race track, modern oils are so good, that changing that frequently just isn't needed.

that's quite unfortunate. When you change that oil, can you mail it to my house?

I get mobil 1 for basically nothing through my work I think it cost me 9 dollars to change my oil so it's not a big deal for me. Plus almost every weekend it's up on my lift getting something done. I'm always working on her.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Amsoil ss 10w30 here once a year. Very happy with it so far. I think it's well spent money and added protection at higher boost levels and e85.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Did you check calibration with another boost gauge? That's how your supposed to do it.

I did not simply because I didn't want to take it all he way apart. From what I've read though with a 2.93 it should be about 13lbs so either I'm not making the boost I should or the gauge is off. I'm not too worried about it but the needle is a little to the left of 0 but not 2 notches over. I don't think I'd want my gauge starting at 2 lbs even if that was calibrated right. Since it's just mainly for looks I'm not going to mess with it except I scratched the crap out of the plastic gauge cover getting the trim piece back on so I'm gonna buy a new one b/c that's really bugging me

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've had mine at my buddy's house for about the past ten days while I completed my epoxy garage floor (talk about a massive job for a single person dyi lol). Anyways my floor came out great...but man I missed the car.

Just took her out today and absolutely raped on it. Damn that felt good! Lol. 85 degrees here, humid, and I actually had some traction. Slipped her back in the garage, right back on the charger.

'Till the next time....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I did not simply because I didn't want to take it all he way apart. From what I've read though with a 2.93 it should be about 13lbs so either I'm not making the boost I should or the gauge is off. I'm not too worried about it but the needle is a little to the left of 0 but not 2 notches over. I don't think I'd want my gauge starting at 2 lbs even if that was calibrated right. Since it's just mainly for looks I'm not going to mess with it except I scratched the crap out of the plastic gauge cover getting the trim piece back on so I'm gonna buy a new one b/c that's really bugging me

LMR sells that piece.

Users who are viewing this thread