I need your help: What should I get 99-04 GT SOHC or S197 3v???

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Not with a 4.6. Would need to be a 5.4 to be doable.

Ehhh it could be done with the 4.6

RPM, heads, intake, cam, and compression on E85. Maybe more than 400rwhp dependent on how high RPMs and high good the motor flows.

But I'd probably go big bore stroker. Easy peazy

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just my opinion, but if I were looking for close to 400 rwhp NA, I would just do a coyote swap and call it a day. Not cheap, but it would be reliable, efficient, and you would be at the bottom of performance potential vs. at the top for NA.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ehhh it could be done with the 4.6

RPM, heads, intake, cam, and compression on E85. Maybe more than 400rwhp dependent on how high RPMs and high good the motor flows.

But I'd probably go big bore stroker. Easy peazy

If E85 is available, maybe. Still pushing it. Can't get near that when you're stuck with E10-15 91 octane.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Just my opinion, but if I were looking for close to 400 rwhp NA, I would just do a coyote swap and call it a day. Not cheap, but it would be reliable, efficient, and you would be at the bottom of performance potential vs. at the top for NA.

Very true. But cost would be through the roof

Plus no throttle cable and I'm still a cave man and need my cables. I don't want none of this WiFi Blue tooth throttle linkage

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Very true. But cost would be through the roof

Plus no throttle cable and I'm still a cave man and need my cables. I don't want none of this WiFi Blue tooth throttle linkage

There are still wires involved. lol.

I do like a raw mechanical vehicle, too.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you are stretching what is viewed as a DD.

I completely agree with the drive by wire dislike. I like a mechanical throttle linkage.

If you are building an all out 2V that you drive on a daily basis then 360rwhp is doable. Will it be comfortable to drive in traffic? Have good street manners? No!

I'd say 330rwhp is probably near the limit of a well mannered NA 4.6 2V. Anything above that and I would say you need to give up manners in favor of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a7191a

Established Member
Procharger or turbo then call it a day. :)
Unless it's a Mach and then kept it n/a and suffer with the thing stalling out at red lights when you forget the A/C on.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Procharger or turbo then call it a day. :)
Unless it's a Mach and then kept it n/a and suffer with the thing stalling out at red lights when you forget the A/C on.

Procharger has the annoying "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (yes, it DOES get old)

and turbo would change the way the car sounds, which IMO is a huge selling point of few on the pitiful 2v. (lets be honest)

TFS heads, CMS stage3 cams, Eddy intake, 200 shot plate system should be more than enough to keep me entertained down the road.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorry, meant 3 ways to control it. 2 on one door and 1 for the passengers door.

Can't daily that here. When its 95-115+ degrees out, it gets way hotter than that inside the car. Especially when your interior is all black and leather lol.

Recon

Established Member
^ that would be another option. I loved my Bonneville SSEI.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

nxhappy

Established Member
2v motor, all forged, big ass borg warner turbo, pumped up transmission ....would be pretty sweet

down fall is.....your gonna spend a shit load of money to make 600+ whp

what is your budget? Have you thought about a fox body build ??

Users who are viewing this thread