I need your help: What should I get 99-04 GT SOHC or S197 3v???

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I agree. I haven't had much luck with the third brake light not oxidizing though.

I didn't keep it long enough for that to happen...to my dismay the rumors of a supercharged 03 proved to be true. I traded in the 01 in and bought my 03 cobra in Nov of 2002...

Have you tried a sealant/glaze to protect the brake light? Do you take it thru car washes often? The peroxide they use to recycle the water at many of those places is horrible for plastics etc..

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I didn't keep it long enough for that to happen...to my dismay the rumors of a supercharged 03 proved to be true. I traded in the 01 in and bought my 03 cobra in Nov of 2002...

Have you tried a sealant/glaze to protect the brake light? Do you take it thru car washes often? The peroxide they use to recycle the water at many of those places is horrible for plastics etc..

I never really sealed it with anything, and it spent a ton of time in the desert sun. I've got a new one i'll put on one day... lol. It will be my third one.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
How does the 3v intake do with a wet kit though? I'd rather not blow it up due to puddling. Are they ok or do they have a bad track record with nitrous?

Also if anyone can answer this one, I didn't have much luck. The car will mainly be a dig car, regardless what car I choose. I along with most everyone else knows how to make a SN95 chassis to work from a dig. But how well do the S197s do? I don't see much drag suspension parts for them or even many 3v drag setups in general. I'd like the ability to pull 1.5 60' AT LEAST.

Mine had zero issues with puddling. But that can happen to any year or make car. I've known 2v intakes that blew to puddling.
I know with the normal bolt ons my 05 made 291rwhp. 100 wet shot it made 370rwhp. Cams it made 332 or 333rwhp but didn't do a nitrous run with the cams. And all SAE. With the cams and 2.0 60' on stock tires it ran 12.9. No nitrous run. At that time the Darlington track was hit or miss on prep.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Get another cheap Mach 1 or if you have to do a 2V get a bullitt

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

pwrshft99

Established Member
Im currently Mustangless after owning a Vortechd new edge for 17 years. I'm constantly planning the next car.

Just my opinion but if staying 2V, a twin screw is the way to go. Since the heads will limit ultimate power production, might as well get instant power through out the RPM band.

Turbos just seem to mix better with 4Vs, just keep riding RPM until its necessary to shift.

My plan is to find the right deal on a blower first, then I'll look for a car. Build an aluminum short block and it'll be a fun street ride.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Im currently Mustangless after owning a Vortechd new edge for 17 years. I'm constantly planning the next car.

Just my opinion but if staying 2V, a twin screw is the way to go. Since the heads will limit ultimate power production, might as well get instant power through out the RPM band.

Turbos just seem to mix better with 4Vs, just keep riding RPM until its necessary to shift.

My plan is to find the right deal on a blower first, then I'll look for a car. Build an aluminum short block and it'll be a fun street ride.

I don't mean this in any belittling way. But you really don't understand how motors work it seems. Turbos don't magically work better on 4v and 2v heads have good options. That scratches the surface.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I don't mean this in any belittling way. But you really don't understand how motors work it seems. Turbos don't magically work better on 4v and 2v heads have good options. That scratches the surface.

I know exactly how motors, both naturally aspirated and forced induction, work. In a street application,on a 2V, a roots/screw blower is probably more fun than a turbo in my opinion.

Sure you can spend a ton on 2V heads...to flow what a stock 4V head would.

Its simply my preference that superchargers mix well with 2Vs and turbos with 4Vs.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I know exactly how motors, both naturally aspirated and forced induction, work. In a street application,on a 2V, a roots/screw blower is probably more fun than a turbo in my opinion.

Sure you can spend a ton on 2V heads...to flow what a stock 4V head would.

Its simply my preference that superchargers mix well with 2Vs and turbos with 4Vs.

Whatever you say Chief

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Since you seem to believe you know more than anyone else, why did you even ask what anyone else thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread