Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk price released $86,995

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-pricing-announced
If you are looking to get behind the wheel of the quickest SUV in the world — expect to pony up $86,995 for starters. Jeep is taking orders beginning on August 10 for the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.

Jeep’s power wagon packs a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine that delivers 707 horsepower and 645 lb-ft of torque. If you are running late to the supermarket, it can sprint from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds and has a top speed of 180 mph.

The big V-8 is mated to an upgraded TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. A new Brembo braking system includes big ass front brakes that Jeep claims can slow the beast from 60-0 mph in 114 feet.

2018-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-rear-end.jpg

“The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk delivers astounding performance numbers, backed by renowned SRT engineering that combines world-class on-road driving dynamics with luxury, refinement, and an array of innovative advanced technology,” said Mike Manley, Jeep head, in a statement.

“As the most powerful and quickest SUV, there is nothing else like the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk in the market, and with its starting price of $85,900 [plus $1,095 destination], there is no better value for a high-performance SUV.”

Standard performance goodies include Launch Control and Jeep Quadra-Trac on-demand four-wheel-drive system, which includes an electronic limited-slip rear differential and a single-speed active transfer case.

It can tow 7,200 pounds and the Selec-Track system uses performance-tuned software with five drive modes: auto, sport, track, snow, and tow.

Options include a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, three-season tires, aluminum Low Gloss Black wheels, a fully wrapped leather interior in Black or Black/Dark Ruby Red, 19-speaker Harman Kardon high-performance audio system, and a rear-seat entertainment center with Blu-ray.

Show more
Jeep’s super SUV is available in nine flavors: Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, Diamond Black, Ivory Tri-coat, Bright White, Velvet Red, Rhino, Redline 2, and True Blue.

The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk will roll into showrooms this fall.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a bad starting price.

The 6.4 Jeep starts at 67k.

19k more for a supercharged Jeep with a warranty?
Not outrageous.

Recon

Established Member
Nice dodge struck gold with the Hellcat engine. I know it'll never happen but I think it'd be awesome if they brought the Viper back in a few years and had the hellcat engine as an option.
At least dodge is actually putting that engine in other vehicles. Who wouldn't want a trinity powered raptor or some type of expedition? Looking forward to the Hellcat truck that's rumored to come out. Chevy needs to also mimic this with the LT4 or LT5 when it comes out.

MG0h3

Established Member
Lol....what's the 0-60 on the new GT again...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
It's not a rumor, it's going to be available late this year for MY '18.

Nice dodge struck gold with the Hellcat engine. I know it'll never happen but I think it'd be awesome if they brought the Viper back in a few years and had the hellcat engine as an option.
At least dodge is actually putting that engine in other vehicles. Who wouldn't want a trinity powered raptor or some type of expedition? Looking forward to the Hellcat truck that's rumored to come out. Chevy needs to also mimic this with the LT4 or LT5 when it comes out.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yes can't wait until CAFE slaps Chrysler right in the face, and this time around the Government better not even think of another bail out. Stupid enough to ignore CAFE stupid enough to be force to close down.

Think about it if they are making all these kick ass vehicles then why has no one come in and bought them from Fiat? I mean they was in talks with GM and GM just up and walked out not even wanting to touch Chrysler.

Chrysler has the worse CAFE standard at 21.4 MPG while Nissan has the best at I think 27.5 MPG. At least Ford and GM is doing it right make just enough performance and specialty vehicles to attract customers but yet have enough diversity to get their CAFE averages up and so will not be nearly as impossible as Chrysler to make it to the 35 MPG mark soon to be mandated. I think Ford is around 26 and GM is just a few ticks below them. So just making up 10 MPG is far easier than a full 15

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Price isn't horrible, but it'll be a great deal once they sit on the lots for a few months like the Hellcats.

Doubt it happens. Seems They learned their lesson of building way too many hellcats in 2016. Production numbers are way down by comparison for 2017.

If I remember correctly they are building around 2,000 (even less than the Demon).

Considering the jeep SRT was the best selling SRT product before the hellcats came along (and by a sizable margin) I'm betting they sell every one they build and have a waiting list.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes can't wait until CAFE slaps Chrysler right in the face, and this time around the Government better not even think of another bail out. Stupid enough to ignore CAFE stupid enough to be force to close down.

Think about it if they are making all these kick ass vehicles then why has no one come in and bought them from Fiat? I mean they was in talks with GM and GM just up and walked out not even wanting to touch Chrysler.

Chrysler has the worse CAFE standard at 21.4 MPG while Nissan has the best at I think 27.5 MPG. At least Ford and GM is doing it right make just enough performance and specialty vehicles to attract customers but yet have enough diversity to get their CAFE averages up and so will not be nearly as impossible as Chrysler to make it to the 35 MPG mark soon to be mandated. I think Ford is around 26 and GM is just a few ticks below them. So just making up 10 MPG is far easier than a full 15

I would think this should be celebrated by the performance community, not bashed.

I say go Chrysler!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
In the real world don't the SRT-8 Jeeps pull like 8 or 9 mpg around town? The Trackhawk can't be too much better regardless of what the window sticker says.

08mojo

Established Member
In the real world don't the SRT-8 Jeeps pull like 8 or 9 mpg around town? The Trackhawk can't be too much better regardless of what the window sticker says.

I drive a mixture of rush hour traffic (a lot of this), city and some highway. Over my 7500 miles of ownership in a 6.4 SRT GC, I have averaged 15 mpg.

Driving aggressively around town, I can see 12mpg over a tank. On a pure highway trip, I saw an average of 18mpg.

Blown 89

Established Member
$90k for a Cherokee?!?! Hell no.

The auto industry is in a bubble right now. I can't imagine being able to sustain those prices long. I heard subprime car loans are the thing now.

Users who are viewing this thread