Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk price released $86,995

verbal

Established Member
Idk how anyone affords all of these new vehicles anymore. Must be nice to be loaded.

Only so many people can afford and want these types of cars. I am kind of shocked that the demand has kept up. There are a lot of idiots out there in major debt or living paycheck to paycheck.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol....what's the 0-60 on the new GT again...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2.8-2.9 I've heard.. what does that have to do with the price of this thing?

Yes can't wait until CAFE slaps Chrysler right in the face, and this time around the Government better not even think of another bail out. Stupid enough to ignore CAFE stupid enough to be force to close down.

Think about it if they are making all these kick ass vehicles then why has no one come in and bought them from Fiat? I mean they was in talks with GM and GM just up and walked out not even wanting to touch Chrysler.

Chrysler has the worse CAFE standard at 21.4 MPG while Nissan has the best at I think 27.5 MPG. At least Ford and GM is doing it right make just enough performance and specialty vehicles to attract customers but yet have enough diversity to get their CAFE averages up and so will not be nearly as impossible as Chrysler to make it to the 35 MPG mark soon to be mandated. I think Ford is around 26 and GM is just a few ticks below them. So just making up 10 MPG is far easier than a full 15

They are buying EPA credits or whatever to avoid the "fines" which is a little odd.

My biggest concern with Chrysler is if they go belly up, or can't meet requirements and face huge fines, other auto manufacturers may look at it as a reason to stop building performance cars.

$90k for a Cherokee?!?! Hell no.

The auto industry is in a bubble right now. I can't imagine being able to sustain those prices long. I heard subprime car loans are the thing now.

I started wondering this when I saw the base price of the new SRT Durango.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I drive a mixture of rush hour traffic (a lot of this), city and some highway. Over my 7500 miles of ownership in a 6.4 SRT GC, I have averaged 15 mpg.

Driving aggressively around town, I can see 12mpg over a tank. On a pure highway trip, I saw an average of 18mpg.

Yup. My dad averages 14.8 mpg in his, and he drives aggressively and has never used eco mode/cruise control. Stop and go at times for his work commute.
80k miles so far for that average.

Idk how anyone affords all of these new vehicles anymore. Must be nice to be loaded.

New cars have shot through the roof. Which is why I have no plans of changing from my method of waiting a few years and buying second hand while the first guy took the huge hit in depreciation. Only Raptors are the trucks that hold their value relativity well. Until gas goes up in price again.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The more I look at it i think I'm going to wait until the used ones start popping up and trade my truck on one. I don't need to tow my camper any more and the TH will look great towing my boat. :)

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Doubt it happens. Seems They learned their lesson of building way too many hellcats in 2016. Production numbers are way down by comparison for 2017.

If I remember correctly they are building around 2,000 (even less than the Demon).

Considering the jeep SRT was the best selling SRT product before the hellcats came along (and by a sizable margin) I'm betting they sell every one they build and have a waiting list.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Except how many times has this been said, only for them to be upped in production. Every new performance model is limited number...until they up their builds. See this being no different in time.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Love it! Can't afford it!

Yes can't wait until CAFE slaps Chrysler right in the face, and this time around the Government better not even think of another bail out. Stupid enough to ignore CAFE stupid enough to be force to close down.

Think about it if they are making all these kick ass vehicles then why has no one come in and bought them from Fiat? I mean they was in talks with GM and GM just up and walked out not even wanting to touch Chrysler.

Chrysler has the worse CAFE standard at 21.4 MPG while Nissan has the best at I think 27.5 MPG. At least Ford and GM is doing it right make just enough performance and specialty vehicles to attract customers but yet have enough diversity to get their CAFE averages up and so will not be nearly as impossible as Chrysler to make it to the 35 MPG mark soon to be mandated. I think Ford is around 26 and GM is just a few ticks below them. So just making up 10 MPG is far easier than a full 15

hate-hate-hate-hate-hate-o.gif

I heard subprime car loans are the thing now.

What does this mean?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember being told by the GM of the dodge dealer near me that any SRT vehicle only come with a very limited warranty. Maybe someone with a hellcat can chime in on that.

Jefe

Established Member
Cant wait to pull up next to one of these at a light. Loaded it will be $105K+
I remember being told by the GM of the dodge dealer near me that any SRT vehicle only come with a very limited warranty. Maybe someone with a hellcat can chime in on that.
Not true at all. People are breaking diffs and popping out axles from track use and its covered

Sirhc7897

Established Member

Incorrect. Pretty much the same warranty as any vehicle. 36k bumper to bumper and 50k (or 60k) powertrain.

The 15's had the 100k power train.

So far dealers have been pretty gracious in replacing stuff broken "suspiciously" (busted driveshafts, etc.).

Hell, they are pretty much replacing the blowers "if" the owner thinks it sounds off.

There are a few horror stories but this far just about anything has been warrantied as long as it's not pullied/tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Not true at all. People are breaking diffs and popping out axles from track use and its covered

Good to know. When he found out I had a full extended warranty on my jeep he was shocked.

Blown 89

Established Member
What does this mean?
It means banks are giving big high interest rate auto loans to people with bad credit that can't afford. They're basically supporting over inflated car prices with risky loans. It's not going to end well for the Auto industry.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Subprime auto loans are high interest loans to borrowers with shitty credit. The housing crash in '08 was largely due to defaults on subprime mortgages so that's the parallel he's drawing.

It means banks are giving big high interest rate auto loans to people with bad credit that can't afford. They're basically supporting over inflated car prices with risky loans. It's not going to end well for the Auto industry.

Got it, thanks guys.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Blech, the interior looks like cheap crap. I'd rather have a year old X5 M.

Kiohtee

Established Member
2.8-2.9 I've heard.. what does that have to do with the price of this thing?

How did anyone let this little piece ride for so long untouched?! The '18+ 5.0 isn't doing 0-60 that quick. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread