Leaking slave cylinder

kidds302

Established Member
So, the other day I pulled my car out of the garage and noticed brake fluid on the ground. I was going to check it out myself, instead I just took it to the dealer. I get a phone call about 30mins after I dropped it off. The service advisor told me my slave cylinder is leaking. I wouldn't think it would go bad after 18k miles. Hopefully the fluid got on my clutch so they have to replace my clutch, anyways has anyone experience this?
unfortunately yes im on my 4th tob now still scratching my head but nobody has a clue :oops:
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/leaking-slave-cylinder.914355/

Last edited by a moderator:

kidds302

Established Member
Bad batch maybe?
maybe? I just dropped off my car today to the shop. my mechanic will be installing another exedy tob and replacing all the fluid. fingers crossed, either this works or i have to go to the stealership

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
maybe? I just dropped off my car today to the shop. my mechanic will be installing another exedy tob and replacing all the fluid. fingers crossed, either this works or i have to go to the stealership

Why not use OEM ford slave?

lenny127

Established Member
i have a mcleod tob that leaked after 3k miles , come to find out not that uncommon for that product .... seems it isnt even made by mcleod ...exedy probably similar story .... i bought oem again

kidds302

Established Member
definitely picking up a mcleod rst clutch.... i must admit exedy has completely let me down. Will not recommend them to anyone ever.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
My Exedy throw out bearing took a dump around the 4000 mile mark. I'm running the Exedy stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel, and no issues with those parts. Just swapped in an OEM throw out bearing and the car is happy again. Of note though, hope it holds better because getting the transmission in and out with Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers is a royal PIA.

lenny127

Established Member
definitely picking up a mcleod rst clutch.... i must admit exedy has completely let me down. Will not recommend them to anyone ever.

im selling an rxt w/flywheel 3k miles reasonably low price ...not sure if youre interested . if it doesnt sell i am going to re spline it for my magnum (pm if u do )

kidds302

Established Member
im selling an rxt w/flywheel 3k miles reasonably low price ...not sure if youre interested . if it doesnt sell i am going to re spline it for my magnum (pm if u do )
unfortunately im going to ride this new clutch until it begins to slip.... headers and tune going on soon then intake and manifold

Users who are viewing this thread