Lethal return fuel system 2.9 whipple issues.

Caleb Naasko

Established Member
I installed a new lethal return system and I'm going full lean at 4800k rpm. Kevin dunn is my tuner remotely.

Dual 465s
-8 feed -6 return
40 psi base

All other parameters look good according to my tuner.

We are both thinking it's either a bad pump or something with the feed line. Fuel system is brand new, I have put under 200 miles on it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I pull the tank?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
If parameters look good I'm assuming that the fuel pressure holds true throughout as well as increasing with boost?

Are you tuning for pump gas only? He had me set mine at 50psi, vacuum hose off of course. Tuned for pump and E that way. Fore setup with 465s and ID1000s.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
The regulator is also something to consider being bad. The one that comes with lethals kits isn't the best. Mine went bad on me and my car was going lean at wot. Put a Fore fpr on and never had a problem after.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The regulator is also something to consider being bad. The one that comes with lethals kits isn't the best. Mine went bad on me and my car was going lean at wot. Put a Fore fpr on and never had a problem after.

Partly depends on which kit I guess, my 1200 hp kit had a big aeromotove unit

Soap

Established Member
Did you make sure the pumps have clearance under the prefilter after you install the hat on the tank?

--Joe

MG0h3

Established Member
^^ good call but you’d see that with reduced fuel pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you retain the fuel rail pressure sensor? 04sleeper was/is my tuner as well, and I did not know when he tuned my car that he kept the fuel rail pressure sensor in play with the tune. The previous tuner took it out of the tune.

Anyhow, I removed the sensor and installed the block off plate on the fuel rail and had lean issues around 4 to 5k.

I would datalog what your FRPS is seeing at the rail pressure wise.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it was more around 4800 to 5000 where it was going lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Its amazing that people still buy the Divisionx stuff, it might be good but the Fore stuff is so much better. Preassembled Hats ready to drop in, great regulators, best wiring/controller setup.

The lethal stuff last I looked just used regular relays for the pumps, if you're questioning your pumps use a jumper wire on the relays individually and see if each pump triggers.

Caleb Naasko

Established Member
Hey guys, just saw all the responses. I got the lethal kit new for a steal from a member so I couldn't pass it up.

I made sure the pumps would clear the tank. I even sent pics to Jared at lethal and measured the depth.

E85 tune

I have the frps deleted but I'm thinking about adding it back on the rail with the adapter.

The regulator will show roughly 30-32 psi at idle. I set the base psi with vacuum line off at 40 psi. Kevin said that sounds normal since it adjusts with the vacuum.

I will try doing the jumper method to ensure both pumps are working and go from there. Thanks for the responses! I will update sometime this weekend hopefully.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Put your FRPS back on! Kevin uses it in his tunes. When I removed mine, my car was doing the same as yours. I had even told him about removing this when I started to have issues and he never told me to to put it back on. I only found that was my issue after not finding anything else causing my car to cut out and go lean around 4,500 RPM.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3494.jpg

From Kevin when asking the benefit of keeping the FRPS

MG0h3

Established Member
Double check where he wants your FP. Mine sits around 42 with the car running vacuum hooked up since he wanted mine at 50psi engine off.

Caleb Naasko

Established Member
Put your FRPS back on! Kevin uses it in his tunes. When I removed mine, my car was doing the same as yours. I had even told him about removing this when I started to have issues and he never told me to to put it back on. I only found that was my issue after not finding anything else causing my car to cut out and go lean around 4,500 RPM.

Really? Hopefully that solves my issue! I've let kevin know I'm not running frps and he said if I can use it, then I should. I'll be doing that asap!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Really? Hopefully that solves my issue! I've let kevin know I'm not running frps and he said if I can use it, then I should. I'll be doing that asap!

I had let him know I had removed mine when I was having issues with my car going around 4800 RPM. I had installed a new throttl body at the same time I had removed the FRPS. I told him I had taken it off and he never said I needed to put it back on. I had an alternator fail and thought that may have been the cause. I even put my stock throttle body back on to see if this would take care of my lean issues. Putting the FRPS back on immediately corrected my problem.

Caleb Naasko

Established Member
I had let him know I had removed mine when I was having issues with my car going around 4800 RPM. I had installed a new throttl body at the same time I had removed the FRPS. I told him I had taken it off and he never said I needed to put it back on. I had an alternator fail and thought that may have been the cause. I even put my stock throttle body back on to see if this would take care of my lean issues. Putting the FRPS back on immediately corrected my problem.

So I put my frps back on and I'm still having the issue. Kevin sent me a new tune to start fresh. He said something in the computer is commanding the pumps to go lean at 4800. Weird

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
So I put my frps back on and I'm still having the issue. Kevin sent me a new tune to start fresh. He said something in the computer is commanding the pumps to go lean at 4800. Weird

Did he tune it knowing you had removed your fuel rail pressure sensor?

mat50ho

Established Member
Subscribing, same issue with lethal 1400 kit dual 465 pumps, aeromotive pro fuel regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread