My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree, the Cobb is definitely the way to go. My ONLY concern is that his car is hanging between the 2-3 shift even under normal, average, everyday driving….which, regardless as to the flimsiness of the stock mount, is NOT normal. I would HATE for him to mount up a new RMM, have the problem continue or reappear and then Ford POOP all over him (or at the least, give him a very difficult time) reference his tranny issue after they notice he has the mount.

But then again, it just "might" fix it…..FINGERS CROSSED! :)

Im going to test the stock RMM with some zipties. See if i can stiffen it up without installing the Cobb mount. If i can stiffen it up enough to stop the issue then i know its the stock mount.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Im going to test the stock RMM with some zipties. See if i can stiffen it up without installing the Cobb mount. If i can stiffen it up enough to stop the issue then i know its the stock mount.

Good idea. Keep us posted. I know that when I had me Evo, there were similar problems. All fixed by the RMM.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Good idea. Keep us posted. I know that when I had me Evo, there were similar problems. All fixed by the RMM.

Well so far its been about 2 weeks with zero problems with the zip ties installed. I am assuming from this that the RMM is the issue.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, what is the name of the white color the car is sprayed in? Seen about 15 different names, everything from Oxford White to Glacier White to Frost White...etc. What is the actual name of the Ford color?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Not available. Bummer. Ill stick with what i have untill i find something that will work.

On another note, passed the 1300 mile mark with no issues. Bought a K&N filter using a discount coupon at Pepboys. Total came to a smidge under $43. Install was a breeze. 4 bolts and the MAF connector to pull the air box up enough to slide the paper filter out and slide the K&N in. Resecure and reclip the top lid and MAF connector.

Overall impressions? Felt a bit quicker on spool up but no real power increase. Cant wait till i get enough miles to throw the Cobb stage 1 tune and rear motor mount on it.

Next mod? Springs or tint. Nothing insane. Most likely 35% tint and some Mountune springs(stick with Ford warranty friendly stuff). If Koni ever gets the ST specific "yellows" damper setup ill swap them out. I want adjustability over anything else. No coilovers either as the ride is already a bit jarring on certain roads.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Not available. Bummer. Ill stick with what i have untill i find something that will work.

On another note, passed the 1300 mile mark with no issues. Bought a K&N filter using a discount coupon at Pepboys. Total came to a smidge under $43. Install was a breeze. 4 bolts and the MAF connector to pull the air box up enough to slide the paper filter out and slide the K&N in. Resecure and reclip the top lid and MAF connector.

Overall impressions? Felt a bit quicker on spool up but no real power increase. Cant wait till i get enough miles to throw the Cobb stage 1 tune and rear motor mount on it.

Next mod? Springs or tint. Nothing insane. Most likely 35% tint and some Mountune springs(stick with Ford warranty friendly stuff). If Koni ever gets the ST specific "yellows" damper setup ill swap them out. I want adjustability over anything else. No coilovers either as the ride is already a bit jarring on certain roads.
If you read up most people say the coilovers actually improved the ride quality on bumpy surfaces.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
If you read up most people say the coilovers actually improved the ride quality on bumpy surfaces.

Been there done that with coilovers. Cant imagine a coilover setup being any more compliant than a regular strut assembly. The rates are normally through the roof along with the valving in the damper.

Ill look at specific coilover spring rates and valving but im pretty sure they are going to be sky high compared to some basic lowering springs and the Koni's.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Been there done that with coilovers. Cant imagine a coilover setup being any more compliant than a regular strut assembly. The rates are normally through the roof along with the valving in the damper.

Ill look at specific coilover spring rates and valving but im pretty sure they are going to be sky high compared to some basic lowering springs and the Koni's.

You do realize that the factory setup is a "coil over" by design and there is a lot more to the suspension than just a spring rate including the rebound and height. It's quite possible that an aftermarket coilover can help reduce the jarring of small bumps by having a better designed progressive spring.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You do realize that the factory setup is a "coil over" by design and there is a lot more to the suspension than just a spring rate including the rebound and height. It's quite possible that an aftermarket coilover can help reduce the jarring of small bumps by having a better designed progressive spring.

The front is a "coil over" strut design but not the rear. Some reasons why i dont want coil overs:

1. generic springs in either 1 or 2 stage(dual spring) are excatly what i dont want. Most likely not going to be progressive either as the winds are of equal diameter and length on the the main springs.
2. double the price for not much more performance benefit than a good koni shock/eibach spring package. some of the aftermarket coil over suspensions dont even use adjustable dampers(ST-X coil over kit).
3. ridden in too many of those cars to want to even deal with it if it ever arises that they need a rebuild. **** that noise. Koni's have been my go to for great compliance but allow me to adjust for those performance oriented days(HPDE, auto-x, sprited back roads driving).
4. corrosion, corrosion, corrosion, corrosion. dont want to deal with that. no matter what stupid coating they put on them they still seem to corrode.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Pics from this Saturday.
e022cb6bbae544be148bd9855b2303a3.jpg

e5e4111709e8d4b617f51281cb877e70.jpg

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Great looking ride. Two of my friends here in Germany have Fiesta ST's and I'm a believer now. I'm going to have to order me one.

Users who are viewing this thread