My Procharger install Review

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I do have several I'll have to post some... there not the best or overly meticulous, just good enough so I can remember where things came from/going to, and the process, etc.

I was really uncertain about my deatschwerks 95# injectors. They have extenders or what they call "top hats", and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use one or two retaining clips per injector. But the support guy at deatschwerks cleared it up and he said that I did it correctly...

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cool, please post them.

7Lemons

Established Member
Running the 4.25 on mine. Around 8-9psi..

Great info - thank you. I think I'll just leave the 4.00 pulley on there - it should be right around 10 psi, and my tuner (Lund) recommended running 10 psi with my whole setup. Even though it was cold(again) last night in the garage, I decided to try to get that top bolt out. You were right, I was able to carefully and slowly bend the tube out of the way enough to get that bolt out. Here's the pic of that bolt with the tube out of the way:
20180417_215032_rs.jpg

7Lemons

Established Member
How does yours run w the P1SC and all your other long list of mods...and with the Lund tune? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need more tire. I can only go up to 305s with my current 19x10s. I was hesitant to go FI after carefully reducing weight to the car and doing some road course racing with it. With it N/A last year, I was really able to push toward the limits of the car's setup and my driving, but it was hooking really good and also braking/cornering very well. I ran a couple SCCA track nights at Pit Int'l Raceway... I absolutely loved it - loved road course racing, and I really am not interested in how it does from a dig or 60' times, 1/4, etc.

imeyers302

Established Member
Car runs phenomenal and is well balanced. Lunds tune is spot on. Stay under 3500rpm and it drives dead stock pretty much. After that its a whole other animal compared to when it was NA. I am still on the track pack wheels with P Zeros, LOL. Will spin in third easily. A lot of fun but also losing a lot of speed. Going to a bigger wheel and tire set up this season. Have never been to a dyno so not sure about WHP, figuring 550-575, but shes more than fast enough for me. Definitely considering a talller gear now. Have 3.73s now and will probably drop to 3.31s at aome point in the future.

7Lemons

Established Member
Awesome. Great to hear all of that! I have nothing but good to say about Lund... I was really enjoying the E85 Flex tune with it NA. Wow man - stock 19x9 track pack wheels (my car used to have those... ) with P Zeros... hat's off to you for trying it! Hey... sounds like you're having fun with it that way, and you obviously have every other mod under the sun, so it will only help. I'm sure you just have to know when you can punch it and when to "feather it in" lol. I have 3.73s as well which was awesome on the road course NA. I would imagine I'd rather run 3.55s with the blower. I'm afraid with 3.31s coming out of hairpin turns on the course it will not be into boost soon enough and will cause me to want a lower gear...which gets tricky. Why do you want 3.31s... do you drag race and want to avoid the 4-5 shift or something? Curious...

imeyers302

Established Member
Yeah, i am one of those guys, if there are any of us, that love the look of the track pack wheels. Unfortunately i cannot run a wide enough tire unless I have be them widened which i have thought of. Going with a velgen setup with a 305 tire at some point soon. As far as the gearing, I would just like to get more out of each gear and do less shifting under normal driving. I dont race at all. Car is just a fun toy for me. I dont care at all about trap speeds or dyno numbers. If it puts a smile on my face when i drive it, im happy.

7Lemons

Established Member
I see - that's great I was mostly in the exact same boat, except that I tried road courses a bit... and I really liked it. Otherwise, like you, I just want it to be what I like and know that I did all the work myself and made it what I wanted. I have even been having my kids help with this install so they can learn from it. Speaking of which I went to mount the intercooler and realized that I'm missing the top mounting bracket for it. Since I wanted to finish the install this weekend-ish I don't want to wait to have Procharger send me one. I might just make something - I could just even use two metal straps that have various mounting holes for the height adjustment. It's the bracket that mounts with the hood latch bolts. Do you think that will work? I have a 2013, so I'm not supposed to have to trim anything on the fascia or anything...

7Lemons

Established Member
Also...not that you're my tech support for this install (but thanks so far!!)... I noticed the rubber elbow connected to my supercharger's discharge doesn't have a "long side". Both sides are equal length. From the instructions and pictures I've seen... it seems like the long end should come out away from the bracket more and then the next tube is connected. Here's a pic of what I mean. Remember, this is a used kit that I purchased so I already have a missing part or 2 and could this elbow be wrong? Or, I wonder if the previous owner cut it to fit better or something. Do you recall this by any chance?
20180419_204324 (2)_rs.jpg

7Lemons

Established Member
I've looked all over for a pic that shows that particular perspective - thanks! Wow - different hose for sure. Hmmm ... I guess I need to contact Procharger for that. I wonder if different revisions of the kit had different piping lengths/tubes? Of course I used loctite on the bolts for my bracket. I don't think you can easily get another hose onto the supercharger's outlet while installed like that. Do you happen to have a pick of the PCV port on the pass side and the vent on the driver side valve cover?

7Lemons

Established Member
Thanks for the extra pic. I have to see what I have at home (I can't look at it at the moment). I swore I had the correct number of elbows... I'm kinda wondering if the one that goes to the TB is switched. But that one should be 3.5" and should have been too big for the SC discharge connection. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Time to lay all parts out and see what I actually have. Maybe a trip to pep boys to buy some piping/couplers, etc...? I see they have some stuff stocked. Worst case I have to wait for Procharger to ship me a couple items. I think I'm also missing the PCV and IM plugs, and the 90 degree coupler for the PCV driver's side vent.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the one to the throttle body is shiny vs dull, they are almost impossible to confuse IMO, you might be using one of the elbows that attach to the intercooler, thats my guess.

7Lemons

Established Member
Well now I am really baffled. Here is what I have for elbows in the kit (other than the one on the SC on the car). There are 4 elbows...which is what I should have. However, the only one that has an extended leg on one side is the 3.5" TB one which, according to the instructions and several pictures I've seen, make it look like the TB one shouldn't be an extended leg (one side longer) pipe. This makes me think the guy I purchased from hacked them up, or made his own or... something...? On mine, it also doesn't seem like anything 3" in diameter will fit through the cutout/opening in the bracket once on the car (without 'smashing' it slightly).
The downsides to buying a used kit...
20180420_204111.jpg
20180420_204126.jpg
20180420_204132.jpg

imeyers302

Established Member
Thanks for the extra pic. I have to see what I have at home (I can't look at it at the moment). I swore I had the correct number of elbows... I'm kinda wondering if the one that goes to the TB is switched. But that one should be 3.5" and should have been too big for the SC discharge connection. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Time to lay all parts out and see what I actually have. Maybe a trip to pep boys to buy some piping/couplers, etc...? I see they have some stuff stocked. Worst case I have to wait for Procharger to ship me a couple items. I think I'm also missing the PCV and IM plugs, and the 90 degree coupler for the PCV driver's side vent.

I did not like that 90° hose that they gave with the kit. I know its being anal but i hated how cheap that looked. I used the factory 90° connector and routed it to the Bobs oil separator.

20160915_174645.jpg

20160916_145124.jpg

7Lemons

Established Member
are you referring to the TB one? Yours does look nice and neat. I may eventually care a little more about how it looks, but for now just trying to get it together! lol

Users who are viewing this thread