My Wilwood brake issue.

Flcracker

Established Member
Hey guys, I have the six piston super lite Wilwood brakes on the Front and they Will not stop the car quickly from 100mph. In fact, at that speed they just fade away and my foot goes to the floor. Is anyone else out there having this experience with these brakes? the pads and rotors are good. I have the best pads, brake lines, and fluid.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Not here. I have the full front and back system and they stop on a dime. I agree with GBCoyote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Todd TCE

Established Member
A long or soft pedal is a sure sign of air in the system. Could be front but also could be rear- don't overlook anything. Also be certain that whomever does the work is only bleeding the upper fittings if you calipers have bleeders top and bottom...the bottom only allow for universal mounting. (there was a paper included in the caliper box clearly stating this)

The other issue is pad compound...all kits are shipped with performance street pads. They have a limit to their effective heat range. Hard and extended use are not their strong suite. If you push things hard they will fade. Need more range: change your pad compound.

Flcracker

Established Member
Thanks for all the great advice. I will be taking it back to the guys who installed them soon to have them check it out. Was wondering if maybe the heavy VMP heat exchanger as well as the Roush blower and heavy swaybar out front might be part of the problem?

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for all the great advice. I will be taking it back to the guys who installed them soon to have them check it out. Was wondering if maybe the heavy VMP heat exchanger as well as the Roush blower and heavy swaybar out front might be part of the problem?

Definitely not the weight of the blower. My Four poison Brembo work very well with the weight of the Roush

jande063

Established Member
I am going to also go with air in the line or a caliper. It *could* be a pad temperature range issue, but I highly doubt it.

Purely out of curiousity, which pad compound are you using?

jande063

Established Member
I was asking which pads the original poster was using. There does exist a pad that will have an issue with this, but even a Hawk HPS would be fine here.
Good choice on the Carbotech, they make a good product. I bounce back and forth between them and G Loc (compatible compounds and all).

GBCoyote

Established Member
I was just saying the pads that come with the wildwoods are more than likely not going to be as aggressive. Similar to the pads that come with brembos, AP, etc..

Flcracker

Established Member
I'm going to take the car out again tonight and test them. I'm going to take it up to 100 and stop while the brakes are cold, then do the same thing when the brakes are warmed up.

Last edited:

GBCoyote

Established Member
If your foot goes to the floor, you more than likely have air in the system. I honestly would be weary of taking the car out until it's properly bled.

Flcracker

Established Member
Well, I'm still alive. They definitely stop better when Warmed up, but still way too soft either way. Will bleed them soon.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Not only bleed them, but make sure the bleeder valves are actually tight all the way around. I've run into one not being 100% tight and it would slightly leak brake fluid, giving the same brake pedal feel.

Users who are viewing this thread