New Ford Ranger Raptor!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ford Ranger has always been considered a slow and cheesy 4x4 so to give it the name "Raptor" is cheesy and insulting to current "Raptor" owners.

what does a Ford off road race truck from 20 years ago have to do with the modern day "Raptor"? Nothing actually other then mocking the name "Raptor" which is associated with the F150 NOT the Ranger.

So someone who says they own a "Raptor" has to now has to clarify if its a Badass F150 the REAL Raptor vs. a Ranger? Again, Cheesy!

Lol! Way off... Im talking about offroad racing no idea what a 6 second celica has anything to do with it.
YkU7bn

zehyRr

de5QSm

I could post hundreds more, these were huge in the early 90's and still are the BEST amatuer racing offroad truck to start with

blk02edge

Established Member
Ford Ranger has always been considered a slow and cheesy 4x4 so to give it the name "Raptor" is cheesy.

what does a Ford off road race truck from 20 years ago have to do with the modern day "Raptor"? nothing actually other then mocking the name "Raptor" which is associated with the F150 NOT the Ranger.
If you dont actually know the history of offroad racing and why the Raptors even exist then maybe go back to arguing if aftermarket tires mean stock or not

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no one gives a shit about any of that. the "Raptor" is an F150 period! NOT some cheesy Ranger trying to pose itself as a "Raptor".

Oh thats right snow tires to grip in winter means ur car is stock but DR's tires in summer to grip when its dry means ur car is modified lmao I almost forget......

If you dont actually know the history of offroad racing and why the Raptors even exist then maybe go back to arguing if aftermarket tires mean stock or not

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Just give me a small ranger around $13000-$15000 new and make it the size of the 2006 body style. Otherwise, im buying a small jap car new. I dont want to park a big truck, pay the price for one when a f150 is close in price, nor have the crap gas mileage.

blk02edge

Established Member
no one gives a shit about any of that. the "Raptor" is an F150 period! NOT some cheesy Ranger trying to pose itself as a "Raptor".

Oh thats right snow tires to grip in winter means ur car is stock but DR's tires in summer to grip when its dry means ur car is modified lmao I almost forget......
What makes f150 so worthy of the name? Wasnt aware of a history lol... Hating the ranger=small dick complex

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What makes the F150 so worthy of the name? Ummm cause thats what Ford named it when they built a badass 4x4 truck! U really need me to explain that to u?

I guess we will jus call it the "Poor Mans Raptor". is that better?

What makes f150 so worthy of the name? Wasnt aware of a history lol... Hating the ranger=small dick complex

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I like it! Still prefer the big daddy but it is very nice.

When is this truck expected to hit US showrooms?

It will likely start in the mid 40s and dip in the 50s with options, I bet.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Just give me a small ranger around $13000-$15000 new and make it the size of the 2006 body style. Otherwise, im buying a small jap car new. I dont want to park a big truck, pay the price for one when a f150 is close in price, nor have the crap gas mileage.

At that price, good luck.

But I will agree on size- its the size of my dads old F150 and silverado, there are no small trucks anymore.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
you got the asian mini-raptor

you got the asian mini-raptor

Ironically, Asian truck built in TX.

I think I would take a Ranger Raptor, though. Bet the motor on that, will shit all over the current v6 on the tacoma.

Shit... Now this new mid-sized Raptor throws a wrench into the equation! ****!

Lol.

The car game is a disease!!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ironically, Asian truck built in TX.

I think I would take a Ranger Raptor, though. Bet the motor on that, will shit all over the current v6 on the tacoma.

Shit... Now this new mid-sized Raptor throws a wrench into the equation! ****!

Lol.

The car game is a disease!!!

Forgot the Taco's were built here a long with the Tundras...Call it the banana-raptor...yeah it is a disease...if they throw an ecoboost into it for the US, then sign me up. I should have my 14 paid off, close to paid this year...time to repeat the cycle :D

blk02edge

Established Member
What makes the F150 so worthy of the name? Ummm cause thats what Ford named it when they built a badass 4x4 truck! U really need me to explain that to u?

I guess we will jus call it the "Poor Mans Raptor". is that better?
I dont think you should be explaining much of anything to anyone LOL Ford decided to name the f150 a raptor all the same as they decided to name the ranger a Raptor, cry about it all you want. They will sell extremely well and have less of that california brodoser/poser vibe to go along with it.

When it comes to all out 4x4ing and high speed offroad ranger>f150 always has been that way. I would buy an FX4 package and build it myself anyway, dont need the watered down oem version of either

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Mike Levine has been asked a ton of times about whether or not it's coming to N/A and he basically said "we are only talking about this market today."

So I imagine it's coming.

Also, factory fox coil overs, watts link and composite fenders. It sounds like this is a genuine effort.

blk02edge

Established Member
Mike Levine has been asked a ton of times about whether or not it's coming to N/A and he basically said "we are only talking about this market today."

So I imagine it's coming.

Also, factory fox coil overs, watts link and composite fenders. It sounds like this is a genuine effort.
I sooo wish that chevy would come out with a proper rival to really get some conpetition going, dont get me wrong, the Raptor is cool I just want to see them unleash the far more potential the platform has

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I sooo wish that chevy would come out with a proper rival to really get some conpetition going, dont get me wrong, the Raptor is cool I just want to see them unleash the far more potential the platform has
The ZR2 is actually a pretty bad ass truck. It has arguably the best shocks available.

I have a feeling the Ranger Raptor will give it a run for it's money though. At least if it comes with an aggressive 2.3 (my preference) or the 2.7.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Chevy aint got the following for stuff like ford does with SVT.
You cant stuff square wheel wells with a proper tire like a f150 can.

Users who are viewing this thread