New Ford Ranger Raptor!

blk02edge

Established Member
Chevy aint got the following for stuff like ford does with SVT.
You cant stuff square wheel wells with a proper tire like a f150 can.
The chevy aftermarket in prerunners is just as big and getting to the point it will be bigger than ford. They can tuck just fine with a proper flare, which they'd have to do anyway if they were to start competing with eachother.

The ZR2's shock is a nice idea but I don't think the design will hold up very well once put on a long travel setup and beat on hard. Boiling fluid in shocks is a very real threat, hence why you dont see that tech on 700k trophy trucks

Troponin

Established Member
If you want to compare in the dirt where it matters, wont make a difference if this truck has 210hp or 400hp. The stock suspension on any raptor isnt enough to really use THAT much.

My ranger with 207hp and way more suspension than a raptor scares the shit out of people already

Yeah, off-road + Speed is pretty scary. Tq would be really beneficial for most of our off-road fun and needs. If you don’t have a suspension to handle the speed, then why all the hp?

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah, off-road + Speed is pretty scary. Tq would be really beneficial for most of our off-road fun and needs. If you don’t have a suspension to handle the speed, then why all the hp?
Id be happy to sacrifice straight line street performance for fuel economy in a truck. Im kinda a hipocrite here though cuz I would like an LS in mine but its not a DD

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The chevy aftermarket in prerunners is just as big and getting to the point it will be bigger than ford. They can tuck just fine with a proper flare, which they'd have to do anyway if they were to start competing with eachother.

The ZR2's shock is a nice idea but I don't think the design will hold up very well once put on a long travel setup and beat on hard. Boiling fluid in shocks is a very real threat, hence why you dont see that tech on 700k trophy trucks

I was meaning factory trucks. Aftermarket is huge though like you said

RSbeast

Established Member
90D9E211-DDD0-458A-94D1-265D5E19746D.jpeg

Just a little something I cooked up... ;)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I’ve owned a 87, 94, 01, 09 Ranger and I just can’t get excited about this new truck even in Raptor Form.
I loved the 02 Ranger FX4/stick and the 10 6.2 Raptor. I’d taked either one over the new ranger Raptor.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
So long as people call them Rangers, not Raptors, I'll be fine with it.

Aside from the rear coil-over suspension, I don't see much new that the real Raptor doesn't have.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1464000
Just a little something I cooked up... ;)

Have about you cook a little something with proper TRUCK wheels and tires.... ;)

I’ve owned a 87, 94, 01, 09 Ranger and I just can’t get excited about this new truck even in Raptor Form.
I loved the 02 Ranger FX4/stick and the 10 6.2 Raptor. I’d taked either one over the new ranger Raptor.

You crazy honey boo boo!

Taking an 02 Ranger over the new Ranger Raptor? Lol

You dunn hit yo head boy!

So long as people call them Rangers, not Raptors, I'll be fine with it.

Aside from the rear coil-over suspension, I don't see much new that the real Raptor doesn't have.

Someome is a little salty... Its ok man, the juanfiddy raptor is still the big daddy. Although the RR will likely be better suited for trails and offroading due to its more compact size.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
id rather see it with a 2.3 turbo than the 2.0 diesel or 2.7..

also, would like to have a white raptor ranger and a white focus rs next to each other in my garage

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nah. But I'll be surprised if they actually bring it here.

Hope so too. Ford not bringing that truck here, is almost considered treason. Some sort of terrorist act.

Wonder why Ford would shit on Americans like that...

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m having a hard time telling the difference. But is that thing in Liquid Blue or Lightning Blue? If it is liquid, Ford needs to be punched in the face. Stop showing off cars in that color that won’t come in it!

And Ford is ****ing up with names again. Sure can’t wait for that Mach1 or Taurus GT500KR.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I’m having a hard time telling the difference. But is that thing in Liquid Blue or Lightning Blue? If it is liquid, Ford needs to be punched in the face. Stop showing off cars in that color that won’t come in it!

And Ford is ****ing up with names again. Sure can’t wait for that Mach1 or Taurus GT500KR.

What if they called it the Raptor 350? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread