Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Cool, I thought those PP wheels fit pretty flush with the 1/4 in your pic.

I'm thinking BMR springs for handling but gotta research to see if they will work ok with the Bilsteins (I have PP and TP) and also see after dropping if there will be an issue with my wheel and tire setup rubbing the 1/4 (I run GA1R Forgelines 20x11" +54mm with MPSS 295/35 Porsche spec tire, they sit already pretty flush with the 1/4 panel).

fearthesnake

Established Member
Cool, I thought those PP wheels fit pretty flush with the 1/4 in your pic.

I'm thinking BMR springs for handling but gotta research to see if they will work ok with the Bilsteins (I have PP and TP) and also see after dropping if there will be an issue with my wheel and tire setup rubbing the 1/4 (I run GA1R Forgelines 20x11" +54mm with MPSS 295/35 Porsche spec tire, they sit already pretty flush with the 1/4 panel).
That's a good point. I'm not sure if I run a wider tire that I won't run into clearance issues and rubbing myself. The panhard bar centered the rear up nicely.

How much room you have now between Tire and 1/4?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'm still at stock height but looking down the side of the 1/4 the wheel is pretty close to the 1/4 + there's the tire sidewall to consider.

I'll post up a pic once I'm home looking down the side I'm currently at the gear place having the gears installed.

Everything's apart and it's not a good feeling right now messing with something that ain't broke. *yikes*

Tony

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Here's the pics feathersnake:

veubnm.jpg

zmb3fo.jpg

So basically if I lower the car with springs it might be a problem if the axle hits a big bump and the wheel assy travels up a lot.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Here's the pics feathersnake:

View attachment 1495651

View attachment 1495652

So basically if I lower the car with springs it might be a problem if the axle hits a big bump and the wheel assy travels up a lot.
Looks like you have almost 2 inches, maybe 2.25" of space?

I have roughly 1 inch to 1.25" clearance from outside tire to inside of fender well and no signs of rubbing.

If you have more than 2 inches to drop, you are probably good with any spring.

Good friend of mine just bought a 2013 also and bought the Steeda springs. Ill have him post up some pics here when he installs them.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Yeah I'm probably ok but before I do lower I'll double check the rubbing issue if there will be one.

I'll also have to add relo brackets and readjust my upper control arm...…………..stuff that at the moment I don't really want to get involved with doing yet so lowering is a bit further down my mod list.

Need to deal with my new gear install noise issue first and get that resolved.

Tony

merkyworks

Established Member
old thread but "new shoes" on my '13View attachment 1495768

I will also add...

How are you running the APR front splitter without the support rods? Whats stopping the front of the splitter from folding over and ripping off the bumper at speed? :eek:

Don't get me wrong I think your car looks killer!

I've been wanting to run a splitter on my car but don't like the way it looks with support rods so if there is a way to run one safely without support rods I'm all for it.

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Who makes the tow ring and mount you have in this picture of your car? I see that it is sitting in front of Kevin's shop, did he supply and install it?

Looking good with the drop and front splitter

It's made by Blowfish Racing. I bought it and installed it myself.

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
I will also add...

How are you running the APR front splitter without the support rods? Whats stopping the front of the splitter from folding over and ripping off the bumper at speed? :eek:

Don't get me wrong I think your car looks killer!

I've been wanting to run a splitter on my car but don't like the way it looks with support rods so if there is a way to run one safely without support rods I'm all for it.

The APR font splitter is firmly attached via 11 machine bolts and 4 #10 (or 1/4") sheet metal screws in factory hidden speed fasteners. But I have installed the Ford Racing Boss strut rods (see image). I do think the GT500s have better support in the bumper cover compared to non-GT500s. I can't confirm this because I don't have a non-GT500 car. I'd say for public roads, the front splitter without rods won't move much. I'd be more worried about hitting stuff with it vs it moving at speed. Now, at 150+ mph, I'd say you'd want the strut rods (which I have). The kit comes with APR strut rods. In that picture, I hadn't gotten to strut rods yet.

IMG_5308 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread