Procharger Question about trimming he bumper cover

imeyers302

Established Member
I have everything i need to hook it up. I also have a Speed of Sound triple gauge pod that I did not install. I have the procharger electronic fuel pressure gauge and an autometer electronic oil pressure gauge. Once I get the Lund Ngauge I am going to install it so I may wait until I do that to wire everything at once.

JustINcase

Established Member
Oh my, it gets soooo hot under the hood now. Even the engine cover is super hot. Had to wear gloves to pull that off. Does that sound right?

JustINcase

Established Member
Took the mustang to the dyno today to see what kind of numbers I was getting. I am sitting at 546/434 at the wheels. It was in the upper 90s today not sure if that would effect anything. Just thought I would let you guys know it looks like a gain of 201 HP over stock. Next stop is the drag strip to see what it can do in the qtr mile.

imeyers302

Established Member
Took the mustang to the dyno today to see what kind of numbers I was getting. I am sitting at 546/434 at the wheels. It was in the upper 90s today not sure if that would effect anything. Just thought I would let you guys know it looks like a gain of 201 HP over stock. Next stop is the drag strip to see what it can do in the qtr mile.

Nice. What rpm did they take it to on the dyno and do you know what the max boost was? Have not had mine to the dyno yet. Going to a dyno day in a couple of months.

JustINcase

Established Member
They took it up to 7500. It was only 75 dollars to dyno so I might do that again when it cools down a bit. I took a video but the file is too big to upload to this site. They didn't say what the max boost was. But when I took it to the limiter while tuning the gauge showed 10 PSI.

Attachments

• dyno.JPG
    dyno.JPG
    707.2 KB · Views: 165

_Snake_

Established Member
Very

I don't know the temps when my Boss was on the dyno, but it made 556 / 425 at 7.5 lbs. P1SC, stock fuel/injectors, and factory 3.73's. Pretty cool to see our numbers so close.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
So how is everything going with this kit. Everyone still happy?

Looking at same setup on my 14 GT automatic
If buying a new kit you may want to look into the newer d1x I believe the head unit is- and option the race intercooler from the begin an if in the budget get a upgraded big red bov. these will add cost but still way cheaper than buying it a second time. You will want a converter eventually- I really like the procharger but if I had to do it all over again from a stock vehicle I would probably go vmp tvs . no converter needed and tons of low end and they will push a car very low 9's and further with added mods.

TBolton

Established Member
See that's just it... I really don't want the low end power this is just my simple daily driver that I use on the interstate Monday through Friday on regular street tires.

I never plan to have anything past 600-horsepower really as I've had all that crap in the past and I'm just ready to drive something that's fun from time to time.

If it makes 550 to the wheel I'm perfectly fine with that.

bunits19714

Established Member
then the PC is a awesome kit for your needs with a pretty easy install and the d1 head unit with regular stage 2 intercooler and supplied bov will be adequate. Don't go any smaller than the d1 it will have less re sale value/ demand.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If buying a new kit you may want to look into the newer d1x I believe the head unit is- and option the race intercooler from the begin an if in the budget get a upgraded big red bov. these will add cost but still way cheaper than buying it a second time. You will want a converter eventually- I really like the procharger but if I had to do it all over again from a stock vehicle I would probably go vmp tvs . no converter needed and tons of low end and they will push a car very low 9's and further with added mods.

My kit should be here late this week or early next, I went with their D1x and Race intercooler shooting for 10psi@7k rpms

VMP makes great blowers but with the pricetag to match. The price difference is what will allow me to buy a converter & some other parts :)

WIST2013GT

Established Member
My kit should be here late this week or early next, I went with their D1x and Race intercooler shooting for 10psi@7k rpms

VMP makes great blowers but with the pricetag to match. The price difference is what will allow me to buy a converter & some other parts :)

Start a build thread. Id like to see your updates.

I wish I had done my own to see all the stages the car went through :(

Users who are viewing this thread