Procharger Question about trimming he bumper cover

JustINcase

Established Member
Hey guys, Just got the procharger in. Some quick questions for you. On that bracket it states "2012 Must Boss 302 Main Brkt-Polish". Should I be concerned as I dont have a Boss 302 or is it a universal bracket?

imeyers302

Established Member
There is no difference in the brackets between boss/track pack and gt. Only difference between the two is 1 bolt. Both bolts and spacers are included in the kit so there are no worries.

JustINcase

Established Member
Hi Imeyers
How did you mount your boostgauge in the vent? Did the procharger boost gauge come with a vent kit? How did you get the factory vents out without breaking them?

JustINcase

Established Member
Hi Imeyers, I start today. I am going to try to capture it on video so here is to hoping it goes well. At a minimum at least it will be a record of what not to do :) I am a bit nervous as this is the biggest thing I have done on the car, but I have watched a few videos and read the manual 1000000 times. It all seems straight forward except installing the Vortech BAP. I am sure it will take me all week end. I will post something at lunch to let you know how its going. With that being said, Step one purge fuel system, disconnect battery, and swap spark plugs. Lets get started.

JustINcase

Established Member
it says 425. Is that good or bad?
Ok, ran into my first Issue. I was swapping out fuel Injectors with ID1050xs and the raining clip does not seem to fit on the new Injectors. Is that correct? The Injector fits but the clip does not seem to be compatible with that style of Injector or am I missing something? its missing a little ridge. As you can see the stock which I ham holding has a slot in it and the new one does not. Should I be concerned?
ID1050x.JPG

imeyers302

Established Member
The Id's do not reuse the clips. Just inset them and rail will hold them in. Made same mistake. Drove me nuts for 30 mins before I figured it out.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
This happened to me as well, you would think ID would have instructions for this, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JustINcase

Established Member
The Id's do not reuse the clips. Just inset them and rail will hold them in. Made same mistake. Drove me nuts for 30 mins before I figured it out.
Thank you so much for the support guys. Makes it so much better to talk to somebody thats done it before and ran into the same issues.

JustINcase

Established Member
Hmm, should the kit come with new fuel rail spacers as per the instructions or can I reuse the existing spacers? There does not appear to be any in the kit.

imeyers302

Established Member
Id's don't need spacers. They are same size as factory injectors. The spacers are for the injectors that come with the standard stage 2 kit.

imeyers302

Established Member
I cut the plug off the oem fam and soldered it to the new procharger fan. Easy enough to solder it back if I ever want to return to stock.

JustINcase

Established Member
I cut the plug off the oem fam and soldered it to the new procharger fan. Easy enough to solder it back if I ever want to return to stock.
Interesting. I just pulled the pins out from the procharger fan (that white plastic housing and shoved them in the slots on the fan control and taped it up. Hopefully that works.
So I am too the part where I am routing the coolant lines. I am afraid to cut them until I get the belt on. Not sure what will clear and what wont clear. Or do even have to worry about that since they are so high? Any way I can talk you into giving me a pic of how you ran the lower coolant line and upper? Any interference with the procharger belt? It seems weird they tell you to make sure they are not touching the belts but at this point in the instructions we haven't mounted the procharger but have mounted the pully.

imeyers302

Established Member
I am pretty sure that's just with the boss/track pack. I had to reroute the oil cooler lines so the belt would clear. Without the oil cooler lines there should be zero issue with clearance.

JustINcase

Established Member
Hey guys I ran into my second problem. It appears that the bolt just above the hex spacer does not fit. It seems a little too short. Did i do something wrong here?

Attachments

• bolt.JPG
    bolt.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread