Procharger Question about trimming he bumper cover

JustINcase

Established Member
Yep there is a ticker bolt but both are too short to tighten into that hole. Do you think I will be ok with the three of the 4 on there? Top left, Bottom left, and bottom right (hexbolt). I am missing the alternator bolt.

imeyers302

Established Member
Not ok at all. That's the main bracket. Needs all 4 bolts. If it's missing the correct bolt call procharger and have them send out another one. Would definitely double check all the bolts again and make sure you have the correct ones in the other holes. They are insanely thorough with the packing of their kits. Either way I definitely would not run it with just 3.

JustINcase

Established Member
Ok, I will give them a call in the AM. The directions call for the same size bolt as the top left. Something has to be wrong here. I am sure I screwed up some how I just can see where I would have. The two really long bolts are the same size and they are the longest bolts in the kit. The spacer fits fine its just the bolt is not long enough to grab the teeth in the alternator hole. Thanks for the advise.

imeyers302

Established Member
Make sure you are also using the correct spacer for the bolt. Track pack/boss use a different one which they include so make sure you are not using that one.

JustINcase

Established Member
Make sure you are also using the correct spacer for the bolt. Track pack/boss use a different one which they include so make sure you are not using that one.
Yeah I did that first thinking I mixed them up. I am at a stopping point. I dont want to go on just in case I have to tear it all down. I will let you know what happens when I call Procharger. I have read the directions over and over and looked at spacers and bolt length. Its per the directions. I just cant see where I did it wrong. The bracket is as close to the engine as you can get and the bolt is about 1/2 inch short.

Last edited:

JustINcase

Established Member
Interesting, after looking around on the web I ran into this article for a procharger install. reading this it sounds like it will end up only being three. I am interested to see what Procharger states.

Attachments

• Bolt2.JPG
    Bolt2.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 153

JustINcase

Established Member
Ok, I just got off the phone with Procharger. Great customer service by the way. It looks like they sent the wrong bolts. They sent me 6 inch bolts instead of the 7 inch bolts. I feel vindicated as I thought I did something wrong :). Oh and he said he has never herd of this happening before which sounds about right as I couldn't find anything on the internet about it.

JustINcase

Established Member
Well, all done and I am just on hold until I get the bolt and boost gauge. Both should be here tomorrow. After that, I will load the tune, add coolant, put the front back on, and start data logging. I am taking it you are not supposed to put the old radiator shrouds back in right? If you catch the news and they say a house caught fire after a supercharger install went horribly wrong... well you will know who that it is :)

imeyers302

Established Member
Well, all done and I am just on hold until I get the bolt and boost gauge. Both should be here tomorrow. After that, I will load the tune, add coolant, put the front back on, and start data logging. I am taking it you are not supposed to put the old radiator shrouds back in right? If you catch the news and they say a house caught fire after a supercharger install went horribly wrong... well you will know who that it is :)

LOL!!! I know the feeling. Was very nerve racking when I turned the key for the first time after install. All will be fine. I did not put the radiator shrouds back in.

JustINcase

Established Member
Well the Auto Meter Phantom II Boost/Vac Gauge is here. No idea of how to even hook this thing up. The hose is a little tiny white hose and it did not come with power cables (sigh) How did you hook yours up? Where did you terminate power and ground?

JustINcase

Established Member
Awesome. I did the job on a set of quickjacks also. Did ypu get the gauge hooked up?
No not yet, not sure where to splice into power? did you do it right below the dash there? Ground and vacuum are easy. I figured that out but power not sure where to tap in. Also where did you get the 90 degree piece for your PCV vent? The one that came with procharger is horrible.

JustINcase

Established Member
Oh yeah and I love my quick jacks. Not sure what I did before getting a pair. :) I want to get side splitters and in order to put those on I am going to have to go back to the old way of getting the car up in the air :(

imeyers302

Established Member
I still have not wired the gauges for lighting. Its a mechanical gauge so you just need power for the light. The wires are tied up under the dash still. Probably going to do it this weekend. This video has some good stuff in it for wiring gauges and where to get power. The 90° piece is the factory one. I just connected it to the tuning from my catch can. I hated the one that came with it. I know it works but the look is horrible. Just cut the bend off the procharger tube and use the connector you took off the passenger side pcv. You should definitely get a catch can.

Users who are viewing this thread