Procharger Tuning

TBolton

Established Member
Robert Shoe through Palm Beach Dyno did my auto GT with Procharger Stage 2 with P1X head.

I bought the tune on a Thursday and he started emailing me at 7:30 in the morning Friday.

This was my first time ever doing any kind of remote tune or data logging and he made it so simple and after about 3 startup Tunes he got the idle perfect and then on the 7th revision the car was running better than it ever had before on the crappy ProCharger tune.

I just happen to have a day off of work that next Friday and we just spent probably two / three quarters of the day emailing back and forth within about an hour to two hours of one another to get the tune perfect.

I really didn't care about the horsepower I knew it would be there... But I just wanted my shifts to be awesome and he was right on the money.

It sounds like your ideas of traction going from the roots to the centrifical is exactly why I chose mine. The car will drive like normal from idle to about 35 to 4000 RPMs under part throttle but comes on like nitrous around 4 Grand when you're all the way in it.

I don't run drag radials or any kind of Super High Performance Tire this is my daily driver and this is exactly what I needed out of it.

I was getting 15 miles per gallon with the ProCharger tune and right now I'm back up to 19 and 20 miles per gallon.

I suppose those miles per gallon is kind-of tell you how I drive the car mostly... But it's fun knowing that I can drop the pedal and it hauls ass when I wanted to.
180bb56fe4ee2b6c2523026764553152.jpg

Reisjsr

Established Member
Robert Shoe through Palm Beach Dyno did my auto GT with Procharger Stage 2 with P1X head.

I bought the tune on a Thursday and he started emailing me at 7:30 in the morning Friday.

This was my first time ever doing any kind of remote tune or data logging and he made it so simple and after about 3 startup Tunes he got the idle perfect and then on the 7th revision the car was running better than it ever had before on the crappy ProCharger tune.

I just happen to have a day off of work that next Friday and we just spent probably two / three quarters of the day emailing back and forth within about an hour to two hours of one another to get the tune perfect.

I really didn't care about the horsepower I knew it would be there... But I just wanted my shifts to be awesome and he was right on the money.

It sounds like your ideas of traction going from the roots to the centrifical is exactly why I chose mine. The car will drive like normal from idle to about 35 to 4000 RPMs under part throttle but comes on like nitrous around 4 Grand when you're all the way in it.

I don't run drag radials or any kind of Super High Performance Tire this is my daily driver and this is exactly what I needed out of it.

I was getting 15 miles per gallon with the ProCharger tune and right now I'm back up to 19 and 20 miles per gallon.

I suppose those miles per gallon is kind-of tell you how I drive the car mostly... But it's fun knowing that I can drop the pedal and it hauls ass when I wanted to.View attachment 1464669

Thanks for the info. That’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TBolton

Established Member
I hope it works out for you man... I should have saved some money and bought the tuner kit and had Rob take care of it. I just put a little too much faith in the ProCharger tune considering I was pretty much stock.

Live and learn.... and I was able to use the other SCT X4 on my 2002 Mustang GT so not too bad of a loss I guess.

Also you should check out Bill at hptuners that is a member on this forum he has a good thread in the Power Adder forum and he was more than helpful during my install and even reviewed one of my logs for me after it was done.

I went with Palm Beach Dyno because they did good work with automatic transmissions and I had $100 off coupon with them from a while ago.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I hope it works out for you man... I should have saved some money and bought the tuner kit and had Rob take care of it. I just put a little too much faith in the ProCharger tune considering I was pretty much stock.

Live and learn.... and I was able to use the other SCT X4 on my 2002 Mustang GT so not too bad of a loss I guess.

Also you should check out Bill at hptuners that is a member on this forum he has a good thread in the Power Adder forum and he was more than helpful during my install and even reviewed one of my logs for me after it was done.

I went with Palm Beach Dyno because they did good work with automatic transmissions and I had $100 off coupon with them from a while ago.

It's all good i did the same thing. Seems like a better option to just buy a complete kit when you're spending that much $$$ at the time, then you realize that the injectors are too small, and the tune is holding you back. Live a learn :).

TBolton

Established Member
It's all good i did the same thing. Seems like a better option to just buy a complete kit when you're spending that much $$$ at the time, then you realize that the injectors are too small, and the tune is holding you back. Live a learn :).
Ehhh....nothings really holding me back. Makes plenty of power for me. But I'm probably a unique case because I'll never put any kind of real tire on the back of the car. 275/35/20 nitto nt555g2

I just wanted great drivability and to be assured everything was in a safe range.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would recommend after a couple of weeks or a month of driving around to look over all your bolts and stuff too, found one of my bracket mounting bolts was nearly all the way backed out today. Not one that really needs loctite so it just did for no obvious reason. Just a reminder to be safe as I know you've had your on for about a month or so now.

TBolton

Established Member
I would recommend after a couple of weeks or a month of driving around to look over all your bolts and stuff too, found one of my bracket mounting bolts was nearly all the way backed out today. Not one that really needs loctite so it just did for no obvious reason. Just a reminder to be safe as I know you've had your on for about a month or so now.
Thanks....i did a nut/bolt check on mine weekly up until last week.

I used some red touch-up paint to put assembly marks on the important nuts and bolts so I can just look at them quick and see they're good to go.

This comes from my Jeep hobby where if you have a loose nut or bolt that comes out that $1 bolt can cost you $1,000. ;)

Reisjsr

Established Member
UPDATE: Palm Beach Dyno and more specifically Rob Shoemaker from PBD got my vote and delivered flawlessly Excellent FAST customer Service, an out of this world tune, and truly a great experience from start to finish. Hats off to AED and VMP for being ‘good’ at tuning but PBD has it all. Good at tuning and customer service. I couldn’t be happier. We’ll see what the dyno says but it really doesn’t matter for the kind of service I received. I honestly couldn’t imagine using anyone else after this.

With so many attitudes and bravado with the other tuners I talked to, PBD only cared about my happiness and my car. Shout out to everyone on here and their advice.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Reisjsr

Established Member
Boss Mani, Procharger D1SC, red race valve, ID1050x, dual pump sai li return setup, 3.73s. As for performance that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I know that one. Wife doesnt want me getting one either. She just got a newer car, thanks to me...
Keep that beast together until at least September...all my bills are paid off except for the house payment are taken care of in September....

Users who are viewing this thread