Quality difference between AMR wheels and Forgestar F14's?

Zodiac

Established Member
I have just received the CF5's I ordered back in May this year. They arrived in Sydney, Australia last Wednesday.

I was told there had been some problems with the CF5 moulds and then a delay in powdercoating.

The wheels themselves though look pretty good, they were well protected with the packaging. I've done a trial fitment and clearances seem OK.

I've posted a photo of my car, the front 6-pot Brembos and the wheels. I hope to get the tyres done in the next week so. Sizes are 19x8.5 (+30) F and 19x9.5 (+40) rear.

The red wheels are the original Ford wheels 19x8 and 19x9.

frontsideb.jpg

46m.JPG

t2q4.jpg

y41e.JPG

Dude your Falcon is awesome. If Ford offered that here I would be driving that instead of my Mustang. I love aussie muscle cars. I had a G8 GT(Commodore to you) before I bought my Mustang.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I love that people are having this argument! The fewer people choosing Shelby wheels the better!(yes I know they're made in china by american racing) I enjoy having a different look than the norm.

c. love

Established Member
I love that people are having this argument! The fewer people choosing Shelby wheels the better!(yes I know they're made in china by american racing) I enjoy having a different look than the norm.

I would rather have work VS-KF's if I wanted your style of wheel (I like the style but love Works) Actually if the ones I had fit a brembo car I would have some on my car right now.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I really don't care what process Forgestar uses to build their wheels. They are 7 lbs. lighter per wheel than the cheap cast wheels commonly used on the Mustang, including OEM wheels. This helps performance.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I really don't care what process Forgestar uses to build their wheels. They are 7 lbs. lighter per wheel than the cheap cast wheels commonly used on the Mustang, including OEM wheels. This helps performance.

This, I only gained 3lbs each tire from going from a 19" inch brembo wheel with 255 pirellis to a 20x11 with 325/30s. I dropped a couple lbs on the front.

burke985

Established Member
Well if you are buying wheels by the lightest then the TSw's win the fight of the brands mentioned in this thread. But I think most people buy for looks and although I like my TSW's I may get a set of forgestars next year they really are nice wheels and just a tad heavier than what I got. I may put my order in for Christmas so I can have them by summer...lol

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
TSW Interlagos 19x9 weigh 21.45 (from the website)
Forgestar CF10 19x9 weigh 23.8 (on my scale)

2.35 lbs advantage to TSW

TSW Interlagos 19x10.5 weigh 23.9 (from the website)
Forgestar CF10 19x10 weigh 24.4 (on my scale)

Win for TSW again.

However, I prefer the deep concave design of Forgestar. For a street wheel, it's an acceptable sacrifice for weight to have deep concave.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Has anyone in the mustang world had problems with Forgestars coatings? I know most people realize there is a long wait to get them if you get a custom offset, or they are backordered. But there have been many cases where the coatings were flaking off, or a hue off from one another.

I have some for my syclone in gunmetal finish, and you can see what looks like hair line cracks in the coating. Its not bad but it is there on i think 3 out of the 4 wheels. I had a major problem with the company i ordered my wheels from (DEA drug bust, paid them in full, they only made a deposit, payed extra to get my wheels i paid for /rant). And also had a custom offset, custom order, it took almost 8 months to get my wheels.

8 months

Another person on our local board had major problems with the coating flaking off while he was waxing the wheel the same day he got them. He went back and forth with Forgestar and ended up paying shipping to have them recoated, when he got them back the hues did not match on each wheel, there were like 3 different shades.

They didnt want to do anymore after that, so he posted the story on as many BMW forums as he could find. They worked a deal out to have them coated a few days later, and asked that he take all the post down.

I love the wheels, and im sure they are decent quality. But i hope they have figured out how to powder coat by now. Anyone else?

The coating on mine seem to be fine but the clear coat on them is starting to flake pretty badly. Its really annoying and almost an eye sore:fm:

burke985

Established Member
TSW Interlagos 19x9 weigh 21.45 (from the website)
Forgestar CF10 19x9 weigh 23.8 (on my scale)

2.35 lbs advantage to TSW

TSW Interlagos 19x10.5 weigh 23.9 (from the website)
Forgestar CF10 19x10 weigh 24.4 (on my scale)

Win for TSW again.

However, I prefer the deep concave design of Forgestar. For a street wheel, it's an acceptable sacrifice for weight to have deep concave.

The TSW's i have are 19x8.5 @21.5 lbs and the rears are 19.9.5@ 22.5lbs...I want the CF5V's they are awesome looking ,thats what i keep eyeing up

hand-filer

Established Member
Based on what I am reading here Forgestar haven't got their powder coat process sorted out yet.
TSW Nurbergring's are starting to look like my choice for wheel replacement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread